The Peaks of Balkans tour explores the beauty of the Albanian Alps, the lushness of the Belegu, Decani and Bogicevica pastures in Kosovo and Montenegro, and everything in between. We will begin with a guided walk in Tirana, the capital of Albania.
Next, we will take a boat tour of Koman Lake, considered by Bradt Guides as “One of the world’s great boat trips”. From the quaint village of Tropojë we follow the shepherd’s trails up to Sylbicë Alpine Huts, where you feel like you are truly among the stars.
The next few days will be spent exploring the alpine pastures of Kosovo and Montenegro, before a return to Albania. This tour is epitomized by the mountain-ridge walk between the Valbona valley and Theth Valley, where at the altitude of 1815 m you can see the panorama of both valleys unveiled before you.
- What Will You DoDay 1. Airport – Tirana After you land in Albania you will be welcomed by the Albanian travel agency representatives. Next we transfer from the airport to the hotel in Tirana.In the afternoon we will visit the city center of Tirana, including the Scanderbeg square, Et’hem Bey mosque, Toptan Castle, and the Pyramid.
Day 2. Tirana – Kukes – Prizren – Tropojë village Breakfast in Tirana. Today we travel toward the Northern part of Albania, passing through the cities of Prizren and Gjakova in Kosovo.
Day 3. Tropojë – Tropojë Valley – Sylbicë Pasture Breakfast in Old Tropojë. The group starts walking led by the tourleader as the luggage is carried by horse. We walk through the valley of Tropoja river and make several breaks on the way.
Day 4. Sylbicë – Deçani Pastures (Kosovo) – Belegu Pastures (Kosovo) Breakfast in Sylbicë. We travel for 6 hours guided by the local guide and horses from Sylbica through the Decani Alpine Pastures and up to the Belegu Alpine Pastures in Kosovo.
Day 5. Belegu Pastures (Kosovo) – Bogicevice (Montenegro) – Doberdol (Albania) Breakfast in Belegu Alpine huts. From here we walk for about 5 hours through three countries guided by the local guide and horses (for the luggage) from Belegu to Bogicevica, Trekufiri. A picnic lunch will be organized somewhere along the way. In the afternoon we reach Doberdol.
Day 6. Dobërdol – Çerem – Valbonë Breakfast in Dobërdol. After loading the luggage on horses we walk from Dobërdol to Çerem passing through Koshutica and Vranica. Lunch in the village of Çerem. After lunch we will drive from Çerem to Valbonë.
Day 7. Valbonë – White Circle – Valbonë The group will walk to White circle mountain. We will return to Valbona after 6-7 hours of walking. Dinner will be organized in a village guesthouse where a folk group will perform for us (for groups of 8 or more people).
Day 8. Valbona – Valbona pass – Theth Breakfast in Valbona. After driving for a while we will reach the trailhead leading to the village of Theth. The trail we follow goes through the village of Rragam and Valbona springs.
Day 9. Theth – Qafa e T’thores – Boge – Shkoder – Tiranë
We will drive from Thethi passing through interesting panoramic points such as T’thore Pass and Boga. The road will unveil a unique panorama of Thethi valley and Bjeshkët e Namuna. In Shkoder we will take a short lunch break near the old part of the city. After this, we will resume driving toward Tirana. Upon arrival and accommodation in the hotel we take a walking tour of Tirana and visit the main sites. An option is to also take a trip to Dajti Mountain via cable car.
Day 10. Tirana – Mother Theresa Airport Breakfast in Tirana. We will transfer to Mother Theresa Airport where the tour ends.
- What To Expect- Take one of the most scenic boat trips in Europe
- Stay in shepherds’ huts and sample the traditional food
- Enjoy nature and the amazing views of Valbona and Theth Valleys
- Feel like an explorer amid interesting locals and untouched nature
- What Is Included- Accommodation for 9 nights in hotels, guesthouses and huts
- 8 dinners in hotels, guesthouses and huts
- 6 lunches included in the program
- Tour Guide in English for 8 days
- Local guide during the 7 walking days
- Luggage transportation for 5 days
- Local minibus transportation for 3 days
- Transfers and transportation by tourist minibus for 4 days
- Entrance tickets for 3 museums (Tirana, Prizren, Shkoder)
- Assistance of the Albanian agency
- What Is Not Included- 100 euro per single supplement
- Everything that is not mentioned above
- TransfersLuggage transportation for 5 days
Local minibus transportation for 3 days
Transfers and transportation by tourist minibus for 4 days