The Mountains encircling southern Montenegro, eastern Kosovo and northern Albania are perfect for winter activities and deep snow exploration.
Our local guides who work as ski instructors in Montenegro and Kosovo will guide you through some of the most scenic and untouched winter routes in the Balkan.
This is your chance to get away from the crowds and experience the beauty and rugged landscape of the Alps.
- What Will You DoDay 1. Podgorica Airport – Kolašin Arrive in Podgorica Airport and meet the group. We will then be transferred to Kolašin, a small town in Northern Montenegro. Kolasin is located at the altitude of 954 m and offers excellent snowshoeing opportunities during the winter season. Dinner will be served at the hotel.
Day 2. Kolašin – Rozaje In the morning morning we will explore the area around Kolašin as we snowshoe from Kolašin (954 m) to Bojiste at an altitude of 1200 m and back. This 8 kilometer walk will take us around five hours. The total altitude change is +/- 200m. In the afternoon we will leave the hotel in Kolašin and will drive the 2.5 hours toward the city of Rožaje where we will spend the night.
Day 3. Rožaje – Hajle After a 6-7 hour hike from Rožaje at an altitude of 1045 m up the Haile Mountain, we will arrive at the 1900m mountain cabin where we will spend the night.
Day 4. Hajle – Pejë After a wonderful evening and morning in Grope Mountain Cabin, we will snowshoe back down to the city of Rožaje and drive the 1.5 hours toward the city of Peja in Kosovo. We will reach Peja in the afternoon and be accommodated in the city centre.
Day 5. Pejë – Bogë We will be transferred to the village of Bogë and from there will drive through Rugova Gorge which is about 25 km in length and about 1,000 meters deep. We will return in the afternoon and spend the night in the village of Boge.
Day 6. Bogë – Deçan – Koshare – Tropojë From Bogë we drive back toward Albania where we will cross the border by snowshoe. Before the border however, we will visit the UNESCO-protected Monastery of Decani. In the afternoon we will reach the small village of Tropoja on the Albanian side. There we will stay in the quaint Aste Guesthouse. This is a small guesthouse so the rooms will be shared.
Day 7. Tropojë – Valbonë We will be transferred from the village to Valbona National Park. We will make a loop near the ridge of White Circle and return to the village of Kukaj. We will spend the night in Valbonë.
Day 8. Valbonë Another beautiful day spent in Valbona Valley.
Day 9. Valbonë – Bajram Curri – Prizren – Kruje In the morning we will leave the valley and travel to the city of Prizren in Kosovo. After the visit and lunch in Prizren we will resume driving toward the city of Kruja in Albania where we will spend the night.
Day 10. Krujë – Tiranë – Tirana Airport Today before our departure to Tirana Airport we will visit Kruja bazaar and the ethnographic museum. Kruja was the most important town for the Albanians during the 15th century and it still preserves it’s ottoman look, especially in the bazaar area. We will then transfer to the airport where our tour will conclude.
- What To Expect- Breathtaking views of Valbona Valley and Haile Mountain
- Little-known snowshoe routes
- Experienced local guides
- Pristine destinations
- What Is Included- Accommodation in a 3 or 4 star hotel and a guesthouse for 9 nights
- Bed and breakfast services for 9 nights
- Lunch for 7 days and dinner for 9 days
- English speaking guide for 10 days
- Local assistant guide
- Entrance into museums and to view religious objects
- Snowshoe rentals
- Assistance of Sondor Travel
- What Is Not Included- 130 euro per single supplement
- Everything that is not mentioned above