On arrival at Entebbe International Airport you will be transferred to the Boma Guest Lodge. Depending on your arrival time, a half day trip to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary may be arranged. This evening, you will receive a short pre-trip briefing at the hotel. Duration; 1 Night Accommodation; Boma Lodge
Day 2: Today you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Bwindi. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred by vehicle to your lodge. Duration; 3 Nights Accommodation; Buhoma Lodge
Day 3: You will be escorted to the National Parks headquarters to meet your guides for your gorilla tracking experience. An early morning trek into the forest on the slopes of the volcanoes, led by experienced trackers will bring you amongst a family of Mountain Gorillas. These massive primates are extremely rare, only approximately 650 remaining. You will get within meters of the family and be privileged to spend time amongst them. The trekking may be strenuous; up to six hours or longer is not uncommon – at relatively high altitude. Mountain Gorillas are wild animals, as such sightings cannot be guaranteed; however, the success rate is well over 95%.
The trekking may be strenuous; up to six hours or longer is not uncommon-at relatively high altitude. Mountain Gorillas are wild animals and as such, sightings cannot be guaranteed 100%. PLEASE NOTE: on certain departures, due to Gorilla Permit availability, this leg of your safari may be undertaken in Rwanda. A similar standard of accommodation will be utilized in Rwanda, but there may be a surcharge depending on availability. Please check at time of booking.
Day 4: Today you will have the option of a second Gorilla Trek or Forest Walk in Bwindi. Please inform at the time of booking. In the afternoon relax or explore the local area on foot.
Day 5: Today you will head in a northerly direction to the Ishasha area of Queen Elizabeth National park, from Bwindi approximately 3 hours’ drive, to be welcomed to your established tented camp nestled under trees alongside a river. On a clear day views from the area stretch to the ice-capped Rwenzori Mountains to the north, and the Virunga volcanoes to the south, there are few places on earth to rival the scenery in this park. ‘Birders’ won’t be disappointed with the enormous range of species in the area. The park spreads over an area of 1978 km2 in the western arm of the Great East Rift Valley. It is a home to a variety of wildlife including elephant, lion, hippo, buffalo, and Uganda kob, baboon, and birds, all typical of riverine and savannah habitats. In the southern part of the park is the Ishasha are with tree climbing lions and the Maramagambo, one of the largest surviving natural forests in Uganda. The northern part of the park is traversed by the equator and is dominated by the scenery of crater lakes with lots of flamingos on some of them. A launch trip from Mweya along the Kazinga channel, which joins Lake Edward and Lake George, provides one of the most memorable experiences of the park.
Duration; 3 Nights Accommodation; Mweya safari Lodge
Day 6: A second day in Queen Elizabeth National Park with more game viewing opportunities available to you.
Day 7: From Ishasha, you drive approximately 2 hours to the Mweya region of Queen Elizabeth National Park. During your visit here you will have time to enjoy game drives, a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel and an opportunity to trek chimps in Chamburu Gorge (subject to permits being available and group size). Located on a peninsula overlooking the Kazinga Channel on one side and with spectacular views towards the Ruwenzori Mountains on the other, this upgraded and renovated lodge provides some of the best accommodation and service facilities in Uganda.
Day 8: Today you will travel on a 2-3-hour drive from Queen Elizabeth National Park (north) on good roads. On a clear day you may get views of the Rwenzoris in the distance. Two nights spent in the area to allow time for chimpanzee tracking in the forest, (permits must be pre purchased). You can also do a forest walk (guided) during your stay, or simply enjoy the area and perhaps visit the Bigodi Swamps, or the Vanilla Farm close to Ndali. Duration; 2 Nights Accommodation; Primate Lodge
Day 9: Kibale Forest. This activity will generally take place in the morning. You will either be driven or walk down to the Kibale Forest National Parks’ headquarters to meet your guides for your morning’s chimp tracking experience (depending which lodge you are staying at). The forest is alive with noise and you should be lucky enough to see the habituated chimps during your trek.
Day 10: After an early breakfast for the drive back to Entebbe, stopping for curio shopping on the roadside and a quick photo stop at the Equator. Arriving back in Entebbe, late afternoon. The remainder of the day is at leisure. (Departing flights to be booked to depart for after 8pm).
- What Will You Do1. Arrive Entebbe
2. Transfer from Entebbe to Bwindi
3. Gorilla Tracking at Bwindi
4. Bwindi and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
5. Game drive and boat cruise at Queen Elizabeth National Park
6. Kibale Forest for chimp trekking
7. Return to Entebbe
- What To Expect- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Chimp trekking in Kibale Forest
- Game drive in the national parks
- Boat cruise at kazinga channel
- Community Visit
- What Is Included- Meet and greet on arrival
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Flight from Entebbe to Bwindi (Kihihi)
- 9 nights' accommodation
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Tours/sightseeing as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of a qualified driver/guide
- 1 Gorilla permit per person
- 1 kyambura Chimp Permit
- 1 Kibale Chimp Permit
- Park fees
- What Is Not Included- International and domestic airfare & airfare taxes unless specified
- Meals and beverages not mentioned
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fees if applicable
- Optional excursions
- Know Before You GoEntebbe international airport is your gateway to and from Uganda. To avoid inconveniences that are occasioned by rushing at the time of departure, we advise that you book international flights departing from Entebbe after 8pm.
We will need you to furnish us with the following information:
- Flight number
- Arrival and departure date
- Flight times
VISA AND CONSULAR Advice:
Each individual traveler is responsible for obtaining the required visa, as visa requirements vary per country. For visa information, we advise our clients to consult the US State Department and local Embassies for non-US citizens.
1. A visa can be obtained at Entebbe international airport on arrival at a fee $50 per person.
2. Visas for all other East African Countries can be obtained, on arrival, at the international airport or at boarder points.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION:
Please remember to get your yellow fever vaccination as it is a crucial requirement especially if you are travelling to Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda. Please be sure to visit the Centers for Disease Control at http://www.cdc.gov/travel. Or check with a physician for more information.
Travel Health Advice
Stay healthy while you travel
Staying healthy while you travel is vital it isn't all about vaccinations and medicine. Most problems you could face are easily preventable. Drinking bottled, boiled or treated water, washing your hands properly before eating and carefully avoiding insect bites could save your life, money and Time.
ITINERARY, TRAVEL INSURANCE AND PASSPORT COPIES:
Leave a copy of your itinerary, travel insurance and passport to a family member, for reference purposes, in case of an emergency. Travel insurance is also compulsory on all trips.
WHAT TO CARRY:
- Rain Jacket /coat
- Shoes with good traction
- Travel plug adapter with USB port
- Antibacterial hand cleaning gel
- Good camera with fully charged battery and good memory card storage
- First aid kit
- Small back park
- Sun block hat
- Sun glasses
- Hiking boots
- Mosquito repellent
- Avoid expensive jewelry.
- Avoid all demonstrations and protests given their potential to turn violent.
- Monitor the media for information about any possible security risks and pay close attention to your personal security.
- Carry a copy of your passport and avoid hanging alone without the advice of the tour guide.
Prices for a twin/double shared room are per person, and, rates for single or triple travelers are available on request.