Everest Base Camp Trek takes you to the breathtaking close-up view of the ‘king of all of the mountains’ – Mt. Everest [8848m]. Since 1953, when Sir Edmund Hillary and Tensing Norgay conquered it for the first time, this region is attracting trekkers from all over the world. Everest Base Camp trek (16 days) offers most magnificent mountain panoramas, lush Himalaya’s flora and fauna and a wonderful hospitality of native Sherpa’s.
Everest Base Camp trek adventure starts with an exciting flight from Kathmandu, to Tensing Hillary airport at Lukla. Next, you will be trekking up the Dudh Koshi Valley, surrounded by the soaring peaks and heading towards Namche Bazaar, the capital of the Khumbu Sherpa’s. We will trek along a moderate path where you will experience a first panoramic view of Mt. Everest. Next part of the trip will bring us to Thyangboche Monastery, situated at 3,867 m. The monastery is the largest gompa in the Khumbu region of Nepal with a wonderful 360-degree mountain view.
We then descend to the Imja Khola and head to the villages of Pangboche and Pheriche, before arriving near the Khumbu Glacier. During the trek you will experience a wonderful hospitality of Sherpa’s and their traditional lifestyle which will surely amaze you. Furthermore the path of the Everest Base Camp heads to Lobuche with a magnificent views of Ama Dablam, Taweche and next to Kala Patthar [5554m]- a very famous Mt. Everest viewpoint. Finally, at the foot of Khumbu ice fall in Everest Base Camp trek, we will walk at leisurely tempo to return to Namche and Lukla to take a return flight to Kathmandu.
For all the trekkers seeking a great adventure, Nepal Everest Base Camp trek is the most recommended trekking route. It brings an unforgettable experience of the overwhelming vistas of the Everest Himalayan chain of Khumbu region, which consists of five of the world’s highest mountains: Mt. Everest (8,848m), Mt, Makalu (8,463m), Mt, Cho Oyo (8153m), Mt. Lhotse (8,501m) and Mt. Lhotse Shar (8,393m).
Aside from the beauty of the Himalayas, this area includes natural wonders heritage site indexed by UNESCO. Rich in pine forests of rhododendron (Nepalese national flower) and an endangered species of birds and animals this trek is truly unique and memorable.
Trekking at Everest Base Camp is feasible for the entire 12 months. However due to the climate and the weather conditions we recommend to do it from the start of March to mid-May and then again from the start of the September to mid-November. During the winter months snowfall may cause difficulty in traveling. On the other hand, summers are wet and the extraordinary peaks are frequently lost in the clouds. Please read the below itinerary highlights and contact us directly for booking a trip of your life.
- What Will You DoEn route hike up to Nangkhartshang Peak (5082m) and traverse the Khumbu Glacier, enjoying awe inspiring views of Himalayan giants like Thamserku (6623m), Ama Dablam (6812m), Nuptse (7861m), Cho Oyu (8188m), Lhotse (8516m), Imja Tse/Island Peak (6160m) and several other peaks during the trek to the Everest Base Camp.
- What To Expect1. World’s highest Mt. Everest base camp
2. Kalapatthar- majestic viewpoint
3. Nepal’s biggest Khumbu and longest Ngozumpa glaciers
4. Three great high passes (Kongma-la, Cho-la & Renjo-la pass)
5. Namche Bazaar-the Sherpa’s capital
6. Sagarmatha National Park
- What Is Included- Airport to hotel - pick and drop in private vehicle.
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Three daily meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodge for accommodation during the trek. Private bathrooms with hot showers are provided at Phakding, Namche and Lukla.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide.
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla / Lukla – Kathmandu including departure taxes.
- First aid medicine kit.
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit fee.
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit).
- Government taxes & office service charge.
- What Is Not Included- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Soft drinks including water.
- Snacks and other personal expenses.
- Hot showers during the trek except when in Phakding, Namche and Lukla.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- WiFi internet and phone call unless its free.
- Gratuities for trekking staff and driver.