Day 1: Flight to Izmir / Ancient Ephesus Tour
According to your pick-up time meet with your driver at the lobby of your hotel and drive to Airport for your 1hour 30min domestic flight to Izmir. Upon arrival you wıll be greeted by your driver and drive safely to Selcuk, meet with your group participants, and start your full-day tour. Visit The House of Virgin Mary; located 6km to the north of the ruins of Ephesus, a church was built from the 6C AD to the top of the foundations of a house from 1C AD and it is declared by the church to be the final house where Mary spent her last days. Also, it is believed that the Assumption took place there on the 15th of August.
Continue with the Ancient Ephesus; An Archeological treasure, The best-preserved classical city in Eastern Mediterranean. During the 1C AD, Ephesus was the second-largest city on the planet after Rome with more than 250,000 citizens. It was in the center of the known world and played the role of a gateway between the East and the West. With its giant harbor, it was also the center of trading in antiquity. It was not only a rich commercial city but also the honeymoon place of Mark Anthony and Cleopatra. It is also home to one of the Seven wonders of the ancient world, the Temple of Artemis. Ephesus is also so well preserved that, walking on the ancient streets among the beautiful monuments such as the third largest library of the ancient world or the largest roman theatre on the Asia continent, gives you the feeling of a time traveler.
Next; the Temple of Artemis or Artemision was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Its ancient cult dedicated to Artemis was very famous in antiquity and made Ephesus a much-visited pilgrimage place. There were a total of 127 ionic columns with a height of 19m. The temple is also considered to be the earliest bank of the ancient world. After tour drive you to your hotel. Check-in. Overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 2: Pamukkale Tour / Flight to Istanbul
Upon breakfast at the hotel check out (take your luggage with you), and start your full-day tour and visit Pamukkale; Pools of Heaven on Earth… Pamukkale has always been a very popular settlement where hot springs were believed to have healing powers so it is considered to be the earliest spa on earth wherein history people traveled long distances in order to find a cure. The unique terraces were formed by running warm spring water at a temperature of 35 C, containing calcium bicarbonate. Today Pamukkale is declared a world’s heritage site by UNESCO.
Visit; the ancient city of Hierapolis which has the biggest Necropolis with 1200 gravestones in Anatolia. Also, The Sacred Pool is one of the highlights of the site. Theır shallow thermal waters ripple over a wonderful scattering of ancient roman ruins that lie beneath.
After the tour drives you to Cardak Airport for your 1hour 30min domestic flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival at ın Istanbul, you will be greeted by your driver and transferred safely to your hotel. End of our service.
(Breakfast – Lunch)
- What Will You Do- This is a customized 2 days package tour from/to Istanbul by plane.
- Ancient Ephesus; The best-preserved classical city in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- See House of Virgin Mary where she spent her last days
- Swim in Pamukkale's thermal springs and see Hierapolis Ancient City and Cleopatra Pool
- Learn history about Romans and early Christians from your expert local guide
- Tasty typical Turkish food in the local restaurants
- What To Expect- This is a 2 Days Small-Group Tour to Ephesus and Pamukkale by plane from/to Istanbul
- Walk in the ancient streets of Greko Roman city were mother Mary, St. John walked
- Visit Mary House, The Temple of Artemis and learn history from your expert local guide
- Swim in Pamukkale thermal springs and visit Hierapolis, Cleopatra Antique Pool
- Enjoy typical Turkish foods in local restaurants
- Domestic Flight tickets, 4* accommadation, Airport transfers, and Skip-The-Line tickets provided
- What Is Included- 1-night accommodation in Kusadasi
- Economic class domestic flight tickets
- Meal plan as mentioned in the itinerary
- Admission fees for all sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfer services from/to airports on a private basis.
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- What Is Not Included- Beverage with meals
- Gratuities for the guides & drivers (optional)
- Know Before You Go- It is highly suggested that the clients reconfirm their departure/pick up times by calling or emailing the local tour operator no later than 24 hr before the service.
- Please print your tour program, Domestic flight tickets and take them with you on the day of the tour
- There will be roughly 4-mile walking during the tour
- TransfersCentrally located Istanbul Hotels such as;