The 2-hour tour is by far our most popular cruise of the city! You’ll really cover a lot of ground as your guide leads you onto this unique, fun and eco-friendly tour of Copenhagen.
We are Denmark’s only officially authorised Segway Tour Operator so trust that we have the latest machines and experienced guides!
A Segway Tour is the best way to explore Copenhagen, and you’ll really get to test out your (new) Segway skills on the 2-hour city cruise – perfect for getting to know the city or if you have limited time for sightseeing.
No tired feet from walking – A Segway Cruise allows you to cover much more ground, faster than you could by foot.
No getting off/on your tour bus or canal cruise every time you want to see a sight – With us you’ll cruise directly up close to the sights where cars are not allowed!
No getting stuck in traffic jams – You’ll cruise effortlessly by in no-car zones and on the cycle paths of Copenhagen.
Haven’t tried a Segway before – don’t worry, it’s super easy! The zero-emission Segway uses a gyroscope to detect your balance and movements: Lean forward to drive, lean backwards to slow down/stop, and control the direction with the handlebar. It really is that simple, and most of our guests have it down within minutes!
The tours will start/stop at our Waterfront Segway Store. We kindly ask you to arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure time for check-in and training. You’ll receive individual instructions and get to practice on our spacious training ground right behind our store. Once you’re comfortable with the machine (you’ll be surprised how quickly you will be), you’ll begin the tour and within minutes you are on your way to see all the major sights Copenhagen has to offer!
We begin the tour by cruising along the pier in a no-car zone – this is a great way to take-off! On this stretch you will see the iconic Little Mermaid, The Gefion Fountain, The Royal Opera House, The Royal Playhouse, Amalienborg Gardens, Maersk Headquarters, the colourful Nyhavn and much more! We will then continue in towards the inner city where you’ll experience well-known landmarks such as The Black Diamond, explore Christiansborg Palace and grounds, but we’ll also drive through the cosy and charming streets of the Latin Quarter and ‘straederne’ where you’ll get a feel for Copenhagen daily life and see its unique architecture. Many of our guests actually return here to explore the many cute cafes and restaurants.
Once we reach Kongens Nytorv we will take a short break at the cafe inside the Royal Theatre. Here, we have some special offers exclusively to our Segway Cruisers if you wish. We especially recommend sampling some of the Danish pastries from one of the best bakeries in town! The cafe is run by the Meyer Group, the co-founder of the infamous Noma Restaurant, so there’s high emphasis on organic and sustainable products. (No purchase necessary, this is mainly a break-stop to relax and use the bathroom if need be).
After the short break we cruise towards the impressively beautiful Marble Church and then we drive right up on the square to Amalienborg Palace where you can wave to our Queen if she’s home. You can also try to get a smile out of the Royal Guards – we dare you 🙂
We then continue towards The Churchill Park and drive through Kastellet – the still-active military site with its iconic red barracks. No cars are allowed in here, and it’s quite a memorable experience cruising through this well-maintained site dating back to the 1600’s. You can even get your guide to take one of our infamous Segway-Selfies!
You’ll truly cover a lot of ground on this fun 2-hour tour, AND you’ll help keep Copenhagen green & clean as this is an eco-tour.
Once you’re back, we’ll offer you a complimentary organic refreshment and a fun Segway Souvenir! Book now and let’s Cruise Copenhagen the Seg-Way!
Rickshaw solution: Our Rickshaw & Segway solution is a great way to keep your group together if there are certain members who are not comfortable riding a Segway. The Rickshaw will follow along the tour and the guests will also be provided with radios to hear the live commentary from the guide. Check out our FAQ’s for more info.
There are plenty of photo-opportunities built in on the tour including at: The Little Mermaid, the Royal Playhouse (With the Opera House in the background), Nyhavn, Christiansborg Palace, Amalienborg Palace (The Royal Residence), Kastellet (Segway Selfie if you wish) and your guide will be happy to be your personal paparazzi on the tour.
Shore excursion: We’ll take you from an ocean cruise to a city cruise and this is a perfect tour to take when you have limited time to explore the city! We are ideally located by one of the main cruise terminals and in close proximity to the other two. If you’re coming to Langelinie Pier, we are right at your doorstep. If you’re coming to Ocean Quay, we’re a 10 minute taxi ride away in the direction of the city centre. If you’re coming to Nordre Toldbod, we are a 5 minute taxi ride away.
Please arrive minimum 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time. This is very important so we can do a check-in and training.
We kindly ask you to set aside 30 minutes in addition to your tour duration: 15 minutes for check-in, and 5-15 minutes for check-out.
The tour takes place in almost all kinds of weather (except if it poses a hazard), so please dress accordingly . If it begins to rain on the tour, you will be offered a complimentary rain-poncho, but we highly recommend you come prepared and bring your own gear, for your own comfort.
Requirements for participating on our Segway Tours:
– Minimum age: 15 years
– Minimum height: 135cm
– Minimum weight: 45 kg
– Maximum weight: 125kg
– Not suitable if you’re pregnant.
– Not suitable if you have mobility issues: You must be able to stand for the duration of the tour and get up/down with ease from the Segway.
– Not suitable if you have any medical conditions that affects your balance skills
– Please wear comfortable shoes. No high heels are allowed, so kindly leave your Louboutin’s at home 😉
– Please dress according to the weather, wear warm/windproof clothes if it’s cold outside. In winters, we highly recommend gloves.
- What Will You DoPlease arrive minimum 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time. Once you've arrived, the Segway Experience will run as follows:
1. Check-in and instructions: You'll meet your guide, sign our waivers, receive your helmet and radio. You'll then go to our spacious training ground right behind our store and receive individual instructions.
2. The Tour: Get ready to have some fun and cruise the city of Copenhagen whilst exploring all the main sights
3. Check-out: Once you return from your tour, you'll hand in your radios and helmets. You'll receive a fun Segway Souvenir and a complimentary organic beverage. You're more than welcome to hang-out and enjoy the waterfront view.
- What To ExpectExpect a fun and different sightseeing experience! It's a great tour to take with family and friends and create some lasting memories! You'll be surprised how easy it is to stand on a Segway, and it is so much fun!
You can expect to get familiarized with the city - you'll cover a lot of ground, and many of our guests return to the spots they've seen on the tour. We are happy to give you advice/recommendations on what to do in Copenhagen for the remainder of your visit.
- What Is Included- Use of Segway, helmet, radio (to hear live-commentary from your guide).
- An Organic Beverage upon return from your tour.
- A small Segway Souvenir.