The taste that characterizes it depends on the combination of recipes and ingredients that give rise to it. Its typical flavor is recognized by the predominance of the condiments used in its seasoning. Corn, as in all Mesoamerica, is also an essential component of Yucatecan food, and it is consumed abundantly.
- What Will You DoDay 1: Arrival - Merida Night Tour - Typical Yucatecan Dinner: Arrival at the Mérida airport and transfer to the historic center of Mérida. We will check-in at our hotel and go on a night tour of this interesting and majestic city. Later we will go out to dinner at a famous regional restaurant (dinner not included).
Restaurants available: Chaya Maya, El Manjar Blanco, La Prospe de Xtup, La Tradición.
Day 2: Walk Through the Market and Cooking Workshop - Izamal: In the morning we will go to the local market to know the most typical ingredients of the region and we can take a small snack. When we arrive at the typical restaurant "economic kitchen", the owner will tell us about the history of the dishes, we will prepare a typical regional dish that, of course, we will enjoy at your table. With our stomach happy and after a coffee, we will go to the Magic Town of Izamal. This charming colonial city is famous for its yellow facades, which decorate its monuments, houses and streets. On Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, we can join a walking tour, where light and sound projections are made with video mapping in the historical and emblematic places of the city, especially the convent! Dinner in a typical restaurant, to try different dishes of the region! (dinner not included)
Markets available in Mérida (in case of choosing a different cooking workshop): Santa Ana; Cleaner but little variety, Municipal Market: more variety
Restaurants available in Izamal: the first recommended in many places is the famous Kinich restaurant, the second option is the Mestizos Restaurant and the last Zamna Restaurant. Those are the best options.
Day 3: Izamal - Departure: After our rich breakfast, we will have time to enjoy this beautiful and charming city by day, to be able to appreciate its yellow and white colors well. Later we will go to the airport to say goodbye to these days full of delicious food.
- What Is Included- Hotel
- Food and drinks described in the itinerary
- Activities described in the itinerary
- Local guides
- Transportation included
- What Is Not Included- Personal expenses
- International flights
- Food and drinks not specified in the itinerary
-Activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Gratuities (optional)
- TransfersPlease be in the lobby of your hotel 10 minutes before the indicated time, our staff will call you by your name when approaching, the staff will reconfirm the destination of the route and include them requested, then will adress the transportation.
To pick them up at the airport, you need to provide your flight information.