The Huasteca Potosina is a splendid site for its landscapes and exuberant vegetation, for its rivers and spectacular waterfalls, for its caves and deep abysses, of course for the magic of its archaeological sites and for the greatness of its ethnic groups that to live their customs and Pre-Hispanic traditions take us back to a past that is still present in every corner of this fascinating region of Mexico.
The most important city in this area and the second in the entire state is Ciudad Valles, due to its urban and economic growth. Here also the largest hotel and service infrastructure in the region is concentrated. This metropolis is dedicated to the agricultural, industrial and commercial activity; and among its main tourist attractions include: the Huasteco Regional Museum and the Museum of Cultures of the Huasteca.
The gastronomy of the Huasteca Potosina offers original and delicious products. The Huasteco Zacahuil, also called “giant tamale”, is the most typical dish and is made with broken dough. Usually it is pork or chicken and its large size can feed up to fifty people. The Huasteca Potosina is also famous for its craftsmanship ranging from saddlery, pottery, carpentry and joinery, to candle products, basketry and paper flower wreaths. As far as music is concerned, the Huapango or Son Huasteco, typical music of the region, is one of the most beautiful sound manifestations of Mexican culture, a sign of the wit and ingenuity of its people.
- What Will You DoDay 1: Rafting on the Tampaon River
Day 2: Rappelling Waterfalls
Day 3: Xilitla with basement of the huahuas
Day 4: Tamúl with Cueva del Agua
Day 5: Bridge of God with Tamasopo waterfall
* This itinerary is approximate and may vary depending on availability.
- What Is Included- 5 Guided Excursions of Ecotourism
- 4 Nights of Lodging in Selected Hosting
- 4 Breakfasts in Hospedaje
- Complete meals
- Entrances to the sites
- Equipment necessary for excursions
- Professional and specialized guides
- 5 energy snack during each trip
- Medical expenses insurance (it is essential to fill out the Registration Questionnaire)
- Local transportation to activities (from Cd. Valleys)
- What Is Not Included- Dinners
- Towel service to take out of the Hotel
- Alcoholic drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional services
- Transfers to or from the place of origin
- What is not mentioned in the list of included