The haciendas of Mexico were part of an economic system that began with the Spanish in the sixteenth century, similar to the feudal system of Europe. They were efficient farms and manufacturing centers that produced meat and other products for export. Over time, the haciendas became symbols of economic health and culture, adorned with architecture, furniture and art from all over the world.
Like the southern plantations of the United States, the haciendas reinforced the caste system, based on race, with the hacendados as masters and the Maya or indigenous as laborers.
Most of the Yucatecan haciendas in the 19th century produced henequen rope, a plant variety of the agave cactus, which was exported by the growing transport industry.
- What Will You DoDay 1: City of origin - Mérida: Reception at the airport or bus station and transfer to the hotel of your choice. The cultural offer of Merida is inexhaustible ... What are you waiting for to "take to the streets? Accommodation..
Day 2: Mérida (Uxmal Luz y Sonido): Breakfast. Around 13:00 hrs. We left for the archaeological site of UXMAL, one of the most of the Puuc Route: the Pyramid of the Fortune-teller, the Quadrangle of the Nuns, the Building of the Turtles, the panoramic from the Temple of the Governor ... Dinner. Next we attend the
Sound and light show. Return to Merida. Accommodation.
Day 3: Merida (Free Day): Breakfast. On your free day you have several options. Archeology in the archaeological sites of Dzibilchaltún, Chichén Itza, Ek Balam; Colony in the magical town of Izamal and Ecotourism, in the Celestun Biosphere.
Day 4: Mérida (Celestún or Haciendas and Cenotes): Breakfast. We have at our disposal, the following options: Option 1. Today, we enjoy the ecotourism paradise CELESTUN National Park, declared by the UNESCO "Biosphere Reserve and Humidity. Lunch. Option 2. Departure to the Sambulá cenote, where we enjoy its crystal clear and shallow waters. We continue to the henequera hacienda of Yaxcopoil. In the visit to its facilities we can appreciate vestiges of Mayan pottery and learn little bit about henequen. It is the turn of the open cenote Yaaludzil who shares his natural benefits. We replenish our strength with lunch, while We enjoy the beautiful architecture and peace of the Ochil farm. We begin the return to the city of Mérida.
Day 5: Mérida - City of origin: Breakfast. For this occasion, we are finalizing our trip to Yucatan; but, it's not too late to continue
enjoying the kindness and education of the Yucatecan people.
- What Is Included- Local guides
- Accommodation in hotels as indicated or similar
- Breakfasts and lunches specified in the itinerary
- I.V.A. and Lodging Tax
- What Is Not Included- What is not specified in the "Included" section
- TransfersPlease be in the lobby of your hotel 10 minutes before the indicated time, our staff will call you by your name when approaching, the staff will reconfirm the destination of the route and include them requested, then will adress the transportation.
To pick them up at the airport, you need to provide your flight information.