The Mayan cities, full of majestic temples and pyramids were mainly ceremonial centers. Most Mayans lived in rural areas and lived on agriculture and resorted to priests for guidance on planting, harvesting and marrying.
The Mayans are also recognized for their impressive knowledge of mathematics and astronomy which integrated their religious rites. They practiced human sacrifice which meant to please or calm the wrath of their gods.
There are almost 200 ruins and Mayan sites that can be explored in Mexico. When visiting the Yucatan Peninsula, you should definitely explore one of the Mayan ruins and immerse yourself in the Mayan culture, since the Mayans were the most advanced civilization in Mesoamerica in their time. One of the most famous and visited places is Chichén Itzá, which was declared a World Heritage Site in 1988. However, there are many other beautiful archaeological sites that are worth a visit, each one has its own charm.
- What Will You DoDay 1: City of origin - Mérida: Reception at the Airport or Bus Station and transfer to the hotel. There is no time to lose to Begin to enjoy the diverse options that the beautiful city of Mérida offers us. Accommodation.
Day 2: Mérida - Chichen Itzá: Breakfast. We have an appointment with the Mayan culture in the archaeological site of CHICHEN ITZA, new sparkling Wonder of the World: Observatory, Pyramid of the Castle, Sacred Cenote, Game of Ball and other temples of interest ... they give us testimony of the advanced of the Mayan culture. Lunch. Return to Merida and time free. Accommodation.
Day 3: Merida (Free day): Breakfast. Day off. If we opt for culture, we can choose to visit Uxmal, Izamal, the Ruta de los Convents ... If we lean towards ecotourism, we have options, such as the Cenote Tour, the Grottos de Xpukil, the Bocas de Dzilam Bravo ... Accommodation.
Day 4: Mérida - Celestún: Breakfast. We enjoy the ecotourism paradise of the CELESTÚN National Park, declared by UNESCO "Biosphere Reserve and Humidity of International Importance". Mother nature is shown to us splendid: turtles, ocelots, spider monkeys, fish, pelicans, herons, albatrosses and, above all, hundreds of pink or Caribbean flamingos feeding or resting in their natural habitat. Lunch. Return to Merida Free time. Accommodation.
Day 5: Merida / City of origin: Breakfast. We have the room until 12.00 hrs. In that way, we can continue to enjoy the benefits of "Blanca Mérida".
- What Is Included- Local guides
- Accommodation in hotels as indicated or similar
- Breakfasts 4 and lunches 2
- I.V.A. and Lodging Tax
- Attendance Card: Intermundial
- Backpack (one per person) and Portadocumentos (one per room)
- What Is Not Included- What is not specified in "Includes"
- TransfersPlease be in the lobby of your hotel 10 minutes before the indicated time, our staff will call you by your name when approaching, the staff will reconfirm the destination of the route and include them requested, then will adress the transportation.
To pick them up at the airport, you need to provide your flight information.