Your crew are whale and dolphin watching specialists, and the sheltered waters between the World Heritage listed Fraser Island and the mainland provides the best place in Australia to experience a humpback whale or dolphin close encounter like no other. Put the two together and expect to have a great time out on the water with guaranteed whale sightings.
The marine life love the attention and may come within meters of the boat just to interact with the people. This is known as a “mugging” and the boat engines will shut down until they decide to move away. Some of the wildlife that has been spotted on cruises include: several varieties of dolphins, turtles, fish, and birds, the shy and bashful, yet endangered dugong, otherwise known as the sea cow, and 5 different species of whales.
The MV Whalesong is an environmentally friendly, low carbon impact vessel and designed to allow guests to cruise in comfort. Featuring open-air viewing on two levels, a water level viewing area, and extra-wide decks, the MV Whalesong provides the ultimate in viewing comfort and seating space. There is no shortage of space to find the best viewing point or to just sit back and enjoy the day.
On the morning cruise you will enjoy a breakfast of a freshly-made tropical fruit platter and cake, and a buffet lunch as the boat cruises back from the whale watching area.
If you choose the afternoon cruise option, a lunch of sub style-sandwiches is served on the way out and a savory platter on the way back as the sun sets. Other refreshments and drinks can be purchased on board. Pickup service is available from Hervey Bay accommodation.
- What To Expect- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Low passenger numbers
- Extra wide decks provide excellent viewing and seating for our guests
- What Is Included- Morning tea and buffet lunch (morning departure)
- Light lunch of subway sandwiches, savory platter of cheese and biscuits and cold meats (afternoon departure)
- Access to water-level viewing area
- Local guide
- National Park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Hervey Bay accommodations
- What Is Not Included- Drinks and snacks (available for purchase on board)
- Souvenirs (available for purchase on board)