It is believed that the Mayan culture emerged just over 3,000 years ago in the region known as Mesoamerica, and that it encompassed some areas of present-day South America as well as the states of Quintana Roo, Campeche and Yucatan in Mexico.
The Maya possessed extraordinary mathematical and astronomical knowledge that today continues to amaze the world for its precision. They also had great skills for the pictorial arts, sculpture, hunting and agriculture.
At present, the exact cause that caused the decline of this great civilization is still unknown. Many theories attribute it to the Spanish conquest and the radical changes they suffered, others allude to an ecological catastrophe.
The truth is that the Mayan culture has prevailed for millennia thanks to its magnificent legacy, as are the imposing pyramids and sculptures, which constantly attract visitors from all over the world.
- What Will You DoDay 1: City of origin - Mérida: Reception at the Airport or Bus Station and transfer to the hotel. A walk through its beautiful center
historical reveals the glamor of the French-Frenchified city of Merida. Accommodation.
Day 2: Merida - Uxmal: Breakfast. Around 13:00 hrs. We left for the archaeological site of UXMAL, one of the most
of the Puuc Route: the Pyramid of the Fortune-teller, the Quadrangle of the Nuns, the
Building of the Turtles, the panoramic from the Temple of the Governor ... Dinner. Next we attend the
Sound and light show. Return to Merida. Accommodation.
Day 3: Merida (Free day): Breakfast. Free day to continue enjoying the state of Yucatan. Possibility of making different
Optional excursions: Cenotes Tour, Xpukil Caves, Izamal, Convents Route ... Lodging.
Day 4: Mérida - Celestún: Breakfast. We enjoy the ecotourism paradise of the CELESTUN National Park, declared by UNESCO
"Biosphere Reserve and Humidity of International Importance". Mother nature is shown to us
splendid: turtles, ocelots, spider monkeys, fish, pelicans, herons, albatrosses and, above all, hundreds of
pink or Caribbean flamingos feeding or resting in their natural habitat. Lunch. Return to
Merida Free time. Accommodation.
Day 5: Merida - Chichen Itza: Breakfast. We closed our trip through Yucatan with a visit to the archaeological site of
CHICHEN ITZA, a glittering new Wonder of the World: the Observatory, the Pyramid of the Castle, the Cenote
Sacred, the Game of Ball and other temples of interest ... they give us testimony of the advanced of the culture
Maya. Lunch. Return to Merida and free time. Accommodation.
Day 6: Mérida - City of origin: Breakfast. Today we have the room until 12.00 hrs.
- What Is Included- Local guides
- Accommodation in hotels as indicated or similar
- Breakfast 5, lunch 2 and dinner 1
- I.V.A. and Lodging Tax
- Attendance Card: Intermundial
- Backpack (one per person) and Portadocumentos (one per room)
- What Is Not Included- Everything that is not in the "Included" section
- TransfersPlease be in the lobby of your hotel 10 minutes before the indicated time, our staff will call you by your name when approaching, the staff will reconfirm the destination of the route and include them requested, then will adress the transportation.
To pick them up at the airport, you need to provide your flight information.