The marimba music gives a special touch to all the celebrations in Chiapas. It can be heard at family gatherings, popular festivals, receptions of important people, political acts and parties of the patron saint, both in a city neighborhood and in remote villages.
In many festivities women wear the striking costume from Chiapas, adorned with tulle hello embroidered with multicolored floral designs; It is an outfit that is only worn for special occasions, it is never used for daily life.
Some festivities in towns easily accessible from the capital Tuxtla Gutiérrez are extremely colorful. In Chiapa de Corzo the feast of San Sebastián is celebrated; for several days the streets are filled with hundreds of paracholic dancers, wrapped in multicolored serapes, with faces covered with colorful masks and wigs of woven ixtle.
- What Will You DoDay 1:Sima de Las Cotorras: Reception at the hotel in Tuxtla Gutiérrez and transfer to the Sima de Las Cotorras, natural subsidence of 160 meters in diameter and 140 deep, where hundreds of these birds nest, complementing the attraction when leaving in shape of spiral. This site offers the alternative of rappelling. Estimated time of the tour: 5 hours. Overnight
Day 2: Sumidero Canyon - Chiapa de Corzo: Reception 9:30 am and transfer to the pier to take a boat ride in the Sumidero Canyon and visit Chiapa de Corzo, colonial city and magical town. Later, transfer to San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Estimated time of the tour: 5 hours. Overnight
Day 3: Montebello Lakes - El Chiflón Waterfalls: 8:15 AM reception at the hotel and transfer to El Chiflón to meet and enjoy the wonderful "Velo de Novia" waterfall, a spectacular 120-meter waterfall in the middle of a thick forest. Then we continue to Montebello to see the main lakes in the area. Later, return to San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Estimated time of the tour: 12 hours. Overnight
Day 4: San Juan Chamula-Zinacantán: At 09:25 AM reception at the hotel and transfer to San Juan Chamula and Zinacantán, artisanal indigenous peoples, where visitors know pre-Hispanic customs and traditions and live with a family of the Tsotsil ethnic group. At the end of the tour I return to San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Estimated time of the tour: 5 hours. Overnight
Day 5: Agua Azul-Misol Há - Archaeological Zone of Palenque: Reception 04:15 AM in hotel, to start the trip to waterfalls of Agua Azul and Misol ha, of international recognition, and later we visit and tour the archaeological zone of Palenque, one of the main legacies of Mayan culture in Mexico. Then, transfer to the hotel. Estimated time of the tour: 12 hours. Overnight
Day 6: Archaeological zones of Bonampak and Yaxchilán: Reception 06:00 AM in hotel and trip to Frontera Corozal, where we boarded a boat on the Usumacinta River and on the dividing line between Mexico and Guatemala, to reach the Z.A. of Yaxchilán. Upon return, transfer to the Z.A. from Bonampak, in the middle of the Selva Lacandona, and later, transfer to the cabins to rest. Estimated time of the route: 10 hours. Overnight
Day 7: Hiking in the Lacandon Jungle: Around 08:30 hours, after breakfast and accompanied by a Lacandon guide, we will start hiking in the Lacandon Jungle, to discover new sites, mainly an unexplored archaeological zone, rivers , waterfalls and thick jungle vegetation. Later he returns to the cabins to eat and wait for the truck to return to Palenque. Later, transfer by public transport (bus) to Tuxtla Gutiérrez and / or Villahermosa. Estimated time of the tour: 12 hours. End of services.
- What Is Included- 7 days of touristic tours in group service, sharing tours with other people
- 1 night accommodation in Tuxtla Gutiérrez (choose hotel category)
- 3 nights accommodation in San Cristóbal de Las Casas (choose hotel category)
- 1 night of accommodation in Palenque (choose category of hotels)
- 1 night lodging in Selva Lacandona (rustic cabins with private toilet)
- Reception in hotels and cabins for tourist tours
- 5 meals the last 3 days for the Jungle (3 breakfasts, 2 meals)
- 3 American breakfasts in hotels (except in 2 star category)
- Tickets to all tourist sites
- Boat for travel inside the Sumidero Canyon
- Boat on the Usumacinta River to reach Yaxchilán
- Transport of Lacandones to reach Bonampak
- Lacandon guide during a hike in the Lacandon Jungle
- Public transportation by bus to Tuxtla Gutiérrez and / or Villahermosa (scheduled time)
- Comprehensive coverage insurance in case of accident on board
- Experienced drivers
- What Is Not Included- Flights
- Unspecified foods
- TransfersPlease be in the lobby of your hotel 10 minutes before the indicated time, our staff will call you by your name when approaching, the staff will reconfirm the destination of the route and include them requested, then will adress the transportation.
To pick them up at the airport, you need to provide your flight information.