The main industries in Chiapas are mining and agriculture. Coffee, plantain and coconut are the products that are harvested the most in the fertile Soconusco plain. Corn is also grown almost everywhere. Hydropower is a great source of income in Chiapas. Some gigantic dams harness the power of the Grijalva River, which flows in the center of the state.
Recently, the tourism industry has gained strength. Some of the most impressive archaeological sites in the Maya world are in Chiapas, which has made it a priority for people traveling through the Mayan world.
- What Will You DoDay 1: Sumidero Canyon - Chiapa de Corzo: Reception at 08:00 or 09:00 AM at the Central Truck Station and transfer to the jetty to take a boat ride in the Sumidero Canyon and visit Chiapa de Corzo, a colonial city and Magic Town. Later, transfer to San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Estimated time of the tour: 5 hours. Overnight
Day 2: Montebello Lakes - El Chiflón Waterfalls: 8:15 AM reception at the hotel and transfer to El Chiflón to meet and enjoy the wonderful "Velo de Novia" waterfall, a spectacular fall of 120 meters in the middle of a thick forest. Then we continue to Montebello to see the main lakes in the area. Later, return to San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Estimated time of the tour: 12 hours. Overnight
Day 3: San Juan Chamula - Zinacantán: At 09:25 AM, reception at the hotel and transfer to San Juan Chamula and Zinacantán, artisanal indigenous villages, where visitors know prehispanic customs and traditions and live with a family of the Tsotsil ethnic group. At the end of the tour I return to San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Estimated time of the tour: 5 hours. Overnight
Day 4: Agua Azul-Misol Há - Archaeological Zone of Palenque: Reception 04:15 AM in hotel, to start the trip to Agua Azul and Misol ha waterfalls, of international recognition, and later we visit and tour the archaeological zone of Palenque, one of the main legacies of Mayan culture in Mexico. Then, transfer to the hotel. Estimated time of the tour: 12 hours. Overnight
Day 5: Archaeological zones of Bonampak and Yaxchilán: Reception 06:00 AM in hotel and trip to Frontera Corozal, where we boarded a boat on the Usumacinta River and on the dividing line between Mexico and Guatemala, to reach the Z.A. of Yaxchilán. Upon return, transfer to the Z.A. from Bonampak, in the middle of the Selva Lacandona, and later, transfer to the cabins to rest. Estimated time of the route: 10 hours. Overnight
Day 6: Walk in the Lacandon Jungle: Around 08:30 hours, after breakfast and accompanied by a Lacandón guide, we will start hiking in the Lacandon Jungle, to see new sites, mainly an unexplored archaeological zone, rivers , waterfalls and thick jungle vegetation. Later he returns to the cabins to eat and wait for the truck to return to Palenque. Estimated time of the tour: 12 hours. Overnight
Day 7: Cascades of Wejlib há and Roberto Barrios: Reception 09:00 AM in hotel of Palenque and trip to Cascadas de Wejlib Há, attractive that is characterized by the cascade of turquoise color that contrasts with the evergreen vegetation, forming natural pools suitable for swimming; Later, we moved to the Roberto Barrios waterfalls, where its crystalline turquoise water forms beautiful natural pools. Return to the city of Palenque and time to eat. At 17:00 PM reception at the hotel for your return to the city of Tuxtla Gutiérrez. Estimated time of the tour: 12 hours. Overnight. End of our services.
- What Is Included- Reception airport or bus station in Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- 7 days of touristic tours in group service, sharing tours with other people
- 3 nights accommodation in San Cristóbal de Las Casas (choose category of hotels)
- 2 nights accommodation in Palenque (choose hotel category)
- 1 night lodging in Selva Lacandona (rustic cabins with private toilet)
- 1 night lodging in Tuxtla Gutiérrez (choose category of hotels)
- Reception in hotels and cabins for tourist tours
- 3 American breakfasts in hotels (except in 2 star category)
- 5 meals the last 3 days for the Jungle (3 breakfasts, 2 meals)
- Tickets to all tourist sites
- Boat for travel inside the Sumidero Canyon
- Boat on the Usumacinta River to reach Yaxchilán
- Transport of Lacandones to reach Bonampak
- Lacandón guide during the walk inside the Lacandon Jungle
- Comprehensive coverage insurance in case of accident on board
- Experienced drivers
- What Is Not Included- Flights
- Unspecified foods
- TransfersPlease be in the lobby of your hotel 10 minutes before the indicated time, our staff will call you by your name when approaching, the staff will reconfirm the destination of the route and include them requested, then will adress the transportation.
To pick them up at the airport, you need to provide your flight information.