Depart early from your Merida hotel and commence the journey to Mayapan in a comfortable and air-conditioned minivan. Mayapan (Màayapáan in Modern Maya), (in Spanish Mayapán) is a Pre-Columbian Maya site a couple of kilometers south of the town of Telchaquillo in Municipality of Tecoh, approximately 40 km south-east of Mérida and 100 km west of Chichen Itza; in the state of Yucatán, Mexico. Mayapan was the political and cultural capital of the Maya in the Yucatán Peninsula during the Late Post-Classic period from the 1220s until the 1440s. You will visit with a certificated guide. Next, See, too, Acanceh a town Acanceh was founded sometime between 200 and 300, during the Early Classic period. The ancient Maya city covered more than 4 square kilometers and had about 400 buildings. Three of these buildings have been restored and are open to the public, although recent excavations have uncovered more structures. The three-leveled step pyramid in Acanceh is 11 meters high. One of the older layers of the pyramid has been uncovered revealing several distinctive carved masks as part of the pyramid’s decoration. The “Palace of the Stuccos” is 50 meters wide, 6 meters high, and contains many elaborate friezes. This building’s design is very complex, with many rooms and detailed carvings. The architecture of the structures at Acanceh shows a Teotihuacano influence, leading some to believe it was a “colony” of Teotihuacan. To conclude the tour you’ll visit the cenote, there you will swim for many minutes. Then you’ll arrive in Merida City at 17:00 hrs approximately.
Your unforgettable moments in the Mayan World
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Take comfortable clothes & swimwear
- What Will You Do- Departure at 09:00 hrs at your hotel.
- Arrival at Mayapan archaeological site at 10:00 approx. The guide will buy entry tickets for all groups (are not included).
- Will visit for 1:30 hours with free time.
- Will visit with a specialized bilingual guide.
- After that, you'll visit Acanceh, a town with friendly people and a small archaeological site.
- Then, you will go to restaurants with typical food, (drinks and meals are not included), to conclude the tour you'll visit a cenote, there is a possible swim for 40 minutes approx
- Access to bathrooms and dressing rooms in the cenote facilities.
- Round trip transportation from your hotel.
- Arrive in Merida City at 15:00 Hrs approximately.
This itinerary is approximate
- What To Expect- Know about the destination
- Unforgettable experience in the Mayan world
- What Is Included- Driver / Bilingual Certified Guide (English - Spanish)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- What Is Not Included- Meals and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entrance fees