In this fantastic and exclusive tour, we take you to discover our History, our culture and also the most beautiful landscapes that the Algarve has to offer. Our route will pass through lesser-known places, to give you a look at Portugal’s past and present.
Our first destination will be the city of Silves, which at the time of the Arabs was the capital of the Algarve. Here we visit the imposing Castle, where we can marvel at the magnificent landscape that can be seen from there. The reddish glow of Silves sandstone present on the walls of the Castle and the Cathedral, as well as throughout the city, when exposed to the sun, transports us to other times! You will also have time to visit the magnificent Cathedral and stroll through the medieval streets next to the Castle. (tickets not included).
From here we continue towards the Serra de Monchique, where you can observe the lush beauty of its vegetation, which includes cork oaks, eucalyptus, arbutus and mimosas. We will visit the small and charming thermal spa of Caldas de Monchique, with sources of proven medicinal properties. The park that surrounds it is beautiful and well worth a short walk. We continue on the winding road that will take us to the highest point in the Algarve, Fóia, which is 902m above sea level. From here the view over the Algarve and Alentejo is magnificent and the air is incredibly pure!
We then descend, crossing the countryside towards the village of Marmelete, where we will have the opportunity to enjoy, in a restaurant in this area, a delicious lunch consisting of the typical dishes of this region (included).
After lunch we head to Costa Vicentina, where we will visit some of its fantastic beaches and where there will still be time to capture the beauty of this protected coast and relax with the wonderful view!
Then we head to the “end of the world” – Cabo de S. Vicente, the most southwestern point in Europe, where you can feel the “strength of the elements”! Breathe in the invigorating Atlantic air and marvel at the vastness of the landscape! The lighthouse that rises in this location defies the elements and is one of the most important in Europe due to its strategic position.
Finally, we pass by the small fishing village of Sagres, and its sheltered fishing port.
Don’t miss this day of discovery!
- What Will You Do- Pass by Silves
- Visit the Cathedral
- Pass by Monchique and Fóia
- Costa Vicentina
- Cape St. Vincent
- What To Expect- Marvel at the stunning views of Monchique Mountains
- Visit the Cathedral of Silves
- The highest point in the Algarve - Fóia
- Magnificient beaches in Costa Vicentina
- The ‘end of the world’ – Cape St. Vincent
- This company has the "Clean & Safe" official stamp of Turismo de Portugal
- What Is Included- 7-hour tour
- Professional guide that speaks English, Portuguese, German, Dutch, French and Spanish.
- Transfer from/ to the Accommodation.
- What Is Not Included- Entrances at Silves Cathedral
- Know Before You Go- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Assistance animals allowed
- Infant seats available