Since 2001 we cycle downhill from the Foia, which is with 902 meters, the highest mountain in the Algarve.
From here we run all year round nature and family friendly cycling tours. Whilst you can enjoy your downhill cycling tour, the support vehicle makes sure that you will have always a cooled bottle of water at hand. Our cycling guide will show you the most fun and safe route for your downhill cycling tour in the Serra de Monchique.
We will lead you on forest paths with tarmac/asphalt, and through the green valleys of the Serra de Monchique. During the frequent stops you can enjoy the far stretching views !
The tour starts at the office in Mexilhoeira Grande. From here you are brought to the highest peak in the Algarve in the middle of the Serra de Monchique, by a mini-van.
Enjoy here the stunning views to the west & south coast. The restaurant on top of this mountain is always open (except Saturdays) and can serve you a lovely coffee before you start your downhill cycling tour through the Serra de Monchique.
This trip is suitable for young people and for the not so young. We usually see that everyone between 12 and 70 years old with some cycling experience can enjoy this downhill cycling tour.
Young (teenage) cyclists should be able to touch the ground with both feet whilst seated. For our smallest bike (14″ frame) we normally see that the minimum height required is 150 cm (4ft9).
The aluminium ‘all terrain’ MTB bikes are custom made and have safe hydraulic brakes from Giant or Magura, comfortable gel seats and front suspension. The handle bar is higher than on a normal bike, so you will enjoy a safe and comfortable sit position. We provide you with a helmet and a water bottle.
- What Will You DoAfter a clear safety briefing you will cycle back to the Algarve south coast... easy going downhill!
The guide will stop at the most picturesque sites and shares information about the local wildlife and nature. While cycling close to little farms, the local shepherd will always greet you.
- What To ExpectWe have developed this tour into a safe & fun concept of downhill cycling in the Monchique Mountains.
- What Is IncludedAll trips include lunch, transport up the mountain, a professional bike guide, All Terrain Bike available in the sizes XXS to XXL (26″ All Terrain Bike for rider length 150 – 170 cm & 29-er Giant for rider length 170 – 200 cm), helmet, gloves, a service car following the group and cooled water to drink during the whole day.
- What Is Not IncludedHotel Pick up, any extra drinks or dessert during lunch, coffee on the top restaurant.
- TransfersFree pick up from Lagos.
Other destinations on request.