Fill up your appetite, prepare your palate and discover the tastier tidbits of the Algarve. Explore the traditions, the architecture and the inventions of the Islamic civilization that survived to our days.
Home made smoked ham, goat cheese with jams and nuts and wines of the region are just a few examples of the tastings we will provide you in this food tour. Already mouth-watering? Then, add also the wild boar, the Cataplana, and others many traditional desserts! It is impossible to resist so many delicatessen.
To make your experience even more rich and memorable, we will show you several monuments as we stroll along the mountains heading to Monchique. In addition to other places, we will visit the “old alambique” where is still produced the infamous Medronho” (firewater): After sampling it you are able to taste the young lavandula honey.
Already in Monchique we will discover the world known local scissors chair producer, the most amazing piece of handicraft, after a unexpected visit to the local butcher where you will taste a secret specialty. Time to go up to the 903 meters where a gorgeous and generous lunch will be served supported by superior quality white and red wines from the region. After all this you are named a lifetime gourmet traveler.
- What To Expect- Discover the coast and countryside with its historical heritage, hidden treasures and breathtaking landscape
- Enjoy several stops for high quality local tidbits and ancient recipes surrounded by history and traditions
- Gorgeous and generous lunch accompanied by good quality wines of the region
- Travel in a comfortable 9-seats minibus with local experienced driver/guide
- Benefit from free hotel pick up and drop off
- What Is Included- Transport by comfortable minibus
- Several tidbits tasting
- Licor tasting at ancient Moorish "alambique"
- Visit to the local butcher and surprise tidbit
- Gorgeous lunch at the top of the mountains