Fill up your appetite, prepare your palate and discover the tastier tidbits of the Algarve. Discover the river that feed the land and the people since ages in Silves (Shelb) and taste the famous oranges and the legendary almond flavors in different ways.
Come and unveil this and other legends of the ancient former capital of the Algarve. Explore the traditions, the architecture and the inventions of the Islamic civilization that survived to our days. Get the panoramic view of the city and the river from the red castle. And find the best ingredients and dishes of our milenar recognized diet. Come with us and fill yourself of good memories.
Home made smoked ham, goat cheese with jams and nuts and wines of the region are just a few examples of the tastings we will provide you in this food tour. Already mouth-watering? Then, add also the wild boar, the Cataplana, and others many traditional desserts! It is impossible to resist so many delicatessen.
To make your experience even more rich and memorable, we will show you several monuments as we stroll along the mountains heading to Monchique. In addition to other places, we will visit the “old alambique” where is still produced the infamous Medronho” (firewater): After sampling it you are able to taste the young lavandula honey.
Already in Monchique we will discover the world known local scissors chair producer, the most amazing piece of handicraft, after a unexpected visit to the local butcher where you will taste a secret specialty. Time to go up to the 903 meters where a gorgeous and generous lunch will be served supported by superior quality white and red wines from the region. After all this you are named a lifetime gourmet traveler.
- What Will You Do- Travel around the countryside of the Algarve, on a day away from the crowded beaches
- Visit the historic center of Silves, the old capital of the Algarve, and its castle
- Go to the highest peak of the Monchique mountains, in a breathtaking setting
- Taste and enjoy some of the best tidbits of the Algarve ending with a superb lunch with very exclusive local wines
- Fall in love with our wines and gastronomy
- What Is Included- Transport from the accommodation by Land Rover
- Visit to the castle in Silves
- Several tidbits tasting
- Visit to the scissors chair inventor
- Licor tasting at ancient moorish "alambique"
- Visit to the local butcher and surprise tidbit
- Gorgeous lunch at the top of the mountains