Experience a leisurely, small group day excursion to Milford Sound from Te Anau during the winter months of May to September. Travel through the stunning alpine area of Fiordland National Park, stopping along the way to enjoy walking and photo opportunities with your friendly nature guide, then cruise along the full length of the fiord at Milford Sound.
Departing Te Anau travel on comfortable coaches, with a maximum of 14 passengers, along the spectacular Milford Road. Our experienced, local drivers know the Milford Road, ensuring you see all the special sights safely. Forget the hassle with chains, black ice, snow and rushing to meet the boat cruise, it’s all taken care of. Our relaxed timetable allows more stops to enjoy this winter wonderland, with plenty of opportunities for photographs and short walks. We also deliver the rural mail along the Milford Road, so you get a unique glimpse of everyday living in the National Park. Along the way we make a stop for a true wilderness tea-break with complimentary tea, coffee and home-style biscuits.
On reaching Milford Sound, join a Nature Cruise for a relaxed cruise of Milford Sound to the Tasman Sea. The cruise provides excellent viewing opportunities and plenty of time is available to view waterfalls, rainforest, mountains and wildlife.
On completion of the cruise, re-join your small coach and enjoy the company of fellow travelers as you return to Te Anau.
- What Is Included- Professional driver/guide.
- Return transport from Te Anau.
- Guided walking and photo opportunities.
- A 2 hour Milford Sound Nature Boat Cruise.
- Morning tea is provided and for the months June - August hot soup and a bread roll is provided on the boat cruise.
- A packed lunch is included.
- What Is Not Included- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm hat and gloves.
It is likely to be cold so dress warmly!