Annapurna Base camp trekking is famous for trekkers. The principal peaks of the western portion of the great Annapurna Himal, including Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna, Ganagapurna, Annapurna III and Machhapuchhare, are arranged almost precisely in a circle about 10 miles in diameter with a deep glacier-covered amphitheater at the center.
From this glacier basin, known as the Annapurna Sanctuary, the Modi Khola knifes its way south in a narrow gorge fully 12,000 ft. deep. Further south, the gorge opens up into a wide and fertile valley, the domain of the Gurungs.
The middle and upper portions of Modi Khola offer some of the best short trekking routes in Nepal, and the valley is located so that these treks can be easily combined with treks into the Kali Gandaki region to the west.
- What Will You DoDay 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara valley (823m/2,700ft), 5-6 hrs drive
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tikhedhunga (1,577m/5,173 ft), 1 hr drive and 4 hrs walk
Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani (2,850m/9,350ft). 5-6 hrs walk
Day 05: Poon hill hike and trek to Tadapani (2540m/8332ft), 6-7 hrs walk
Day 06: Trek to Chhomrong (2,210m/7,249 ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 07: Trek to Dovan (2,600m/8,528 ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 08: Trek to Machhapuchre Base Camp (MBC- 3,700m/12,139ft), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 09: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC- 4130m/13550ft) 3 hrs walk
Day 10: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2,300m/7,544 ft), 5- hrs walk
Day 11: Trek to Jhinu Danda (1,780m/5,859 ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 12: Trek to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft), 6-7 hrs walk & 1 hr drive
Day 13: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft), 5-6 hrs drive
Day 14: Departure from Kathmandu
- What To Expect- What Type of Trek is This?
This is tea house trekking tour thus you will be eating ans sleeping at the tea houses during your trekking period.
- A Day on Trek
Each morning after packing our bags and a healthy breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk. After walking for 3-4 hours we stop for lunch at around midday. The afternoon’s walk is generally shorter and we usually arrive at our destination in time for afternoon tea. The remainder of the afternoon can be spent exploring the village, doing a bit of washing or simply relaxing with a good book. On some days we will arrive at our destination by lunchtime and the entire afternoon will be free. After dinner, the evening will often be spent playing cards and reliving the day’s adventures, before retiring for a well-earned sleep.
- What Is Included- Airport arrival and departure by private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and pokharaon Bb plan.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara & return by regular tourist bus
- Pokhara to Nayapul & return by private vehicle
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
- Accommodation on teahouse/lodge during the trek
- Trek leader (English speaking, First Aid and eco trained), Sherpa helper and all payments
- Annapurna Conservation entry fee and permit
- Down jacket and four seasonal sleeping bag
- Exclusive medical kit bag
- All government and local taxes.
- What Is Not Included- Departure taxes
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in city
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls,hot shower,battery re-charge laundry, bar bills & extra porters
- Tips for driver, guides and porters.
- All necessary monument entry fees if you go for sightseeing