From Lisbon, we will head south by the 25th April Bridge – the famous “red bridge” – to the Setúbal Peninsula, a quieter region with a charm and jaw-dropping scenery. This Peninsula has a lot to offer and amazes both tourists and inhabitants due to its intimate connection to Nature.
Visit Sesimbra, a beach and fishing town flanked by cliffs and get sweeping views from the Castle. The Sesimbra Castle, also known as Moorish Castle, is located in a strategic point and it was important for the defense of early Portugal. Visitors can have magnificent panoramic views of the city and the surrounding coastline.
Our tour continues to Azeitão. There, we can visit the famous JMF Wine Cellar (José Maria da Fonseca). JMF was the first table wine producer in Portugal and is one of the most emblematic wines in Portugal, with over 100 years. At this place, we will have the opportunity to have a wine tasting experience.
Then, we will travel across the exuberant Arrábida Mountain, integrated into the Nature Park of Arrábida, known for its superb views over the Atlantic Ocean. The flora and fauna are much diversified there. It transmits a magical and special spirit to every one of visits this charming natural place.
We will also have time to make a brief stop at the city center of Setúbal, which combines the Past and the Present, the History and Modernity.
On the way back to Lisbon, we will cross Vasco da Gama Bridge, a cable-stayed bridge overlooking the Tagus River and the longest one in Europe.
Please be aware that some tours include Walking Tours. We kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking.
- What Will You Do- Feel the peace and tranquility at Setúbal Peninsula due to its intimate connection to Nature
- The Castle of Sesimbra (Moorish Castle) has overwhelming views of Sesimbra and the Coast. Come discover!
- Taste one of the best Portuguese wines at JMF Wine Cellar
- You will never forget about the Arrábida Mountain and its superb views.
- Travel along the longest bridge in Europe, in Vasco da Gama Bridge
- What Is Included- Transport
- Guided Visit
- Cellar Tour and Wine Tasting
- Pick-up at selected hotels in central Lisbon (under request)
- What Is Not Included- Hotel Drop Off
- Food, Drinks (unless specified)
- Personal Expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- TransfersPick ups are made before the beginning of the tour
Pick-up at central hotels in Lisbon
Hotels in Cascais and Estoril –8€ per person
Drop off in Lisbon’s city center