Our trip starts from the port of Katakolon.
Great experience, Mercedes cars, comfort and safety transportation under high standards,these are some of the benefits of booking a private transfer with us.
Also we can only offer a local guideline on the sites we are going to see, because we are not allowed to guide you inside of them.
But, we can provide you with lots of information about the sites we are going to visit. If we can combine it with our passion to show to our travelers our heritage, we think this is the recipe of success. To show to world our amazing and majestic archaeological sites, landscapes etc.
- What Will You Do1. Depart from the port of Katakolon in Elis region.
2. As time goes by, we arrive at the Ancient Olympia. Visitors will have the opportunity to see up close the site of the Ancient "Sacred Forrest" which was the name of Ancient Olympia.
Built on the North riverbank of Alfeios, it consists one of the greatest World Heritage Sites (UNESCO), as well as an incredible natural landscape that evolved to the biggest religious sanctuary of the Ancient World. Like Time Travelers, we are magically transported to the site where the Olympic Games were held, the most important national event of Greeks, which according to tradition and myths began long before 776 B.C. (the official starting date/point) from Pelopa who won in a race track the King of Pissa, Enomao. Older indications of human presence in Ancient Olympia, were discovered the 4rth millenium B.C. to reach its peak period the 5fth century B.C. during which, politics, philosophers and artists were gathered to spread their ideas. We will visit the Zeus Temple where the 12 meter high, Golden and Ivory Statue of Zeus was exposed (one of the 7 Wonders of the World) we will see the Philippeio: the unique circular construction, a gift to Zeus from the Great Alexander's father (the King Philippos the Second) a temple which was completed by Great Alexander himself. We'll also visit the Ancient Olympic Stadium,the Palaestras (the Athelic Field where wrestlers fight) Hera's Temple, Ancient Olympia's Museum, the reconstructions of the Romans who allowed the conduct of the Games without interruption until they ceased in 393 AC. by the edict of Theodosius I, Emperor of Byzantium.
3. After that, our next stop will be at the Temple of Epicurean Apollo. At an altitude of 1130 meters between Ilia, Arcadia and Messinia, it resists one of the most important and best preserved monuments of ancient Greece. The only one that combines all three architectural rhythms (Doric, Ionic, Corinthian) made by the Parthenon architect, Ictino, after suggestion by the priests of the Delphi oracle. The UNESCO World Heritage Site was dedicated by the Figals to Epicurean Apollo, that is to the assistant and supporter of war and disease.
4. Return to port of Katakolon.
- What To Expect- Visit to the most important archaeological sites of antiquity
- Come face to face with breathtaking views and majestic landscapes
- Retrace the glorious times of the first Olympic Games
- What Is Included- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- What Is Not Included- Not allowed to guide you inside the monuments
- Know Before You Go- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- The maximum capacity of the tour is of 4 people per group
- Bring your ID with you