Listing ID: 94803
Authentic Braga And Guimarães Tour Including Lunch
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
Enjoy the scenic landscapes of Minho, noted for its popular Vinho Verde, and visit two of the region’s historic cities, Guimarães and Braga, to discover their architectural heritage.
The first stop on this full-day tour is Guimarães, the birthplace of Portugal, and whose city center has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2001. Marvel at the Guimarães Castle, dating from the 10th century, where you’ll learn about the early period of Portugal’s history. Admire the Dukes of Bragança Palace and the architecture of this medieval city, full of unique buildings, streets, and squares.
Continue on to Braga, a city once occupied by the Romans and one of the most important Christian centers of the ancient Gallaecia Romana. You’ll visit the city center and take a break to enjoy lunch at a typical local restaurant. After that continue learning about the history of Braga and pay a visit to its most important landmarks such as the Cathedral from the 11th century, the Bom Jesus do Monte, and the Sameiro Sanctuary.
This is a very complete tour where you will learn about the history of Portugal, see different types of architecture (medieval, gothic, baroque, and contemporary), beautiful landscapes and taste good local food. Come and join this unique tour.
- What Will You Do- Visit the 10th century Guimarães castle
- Marvel the architecture of the Braganças Dukes Palace
- Enjoy a walking tour through the old town in Guimarães
- See Braga's cathedral, dated from the 11th century
- Go to Bom Jesus do Monte, a masterpiece of the portuguese baroque architecture
- What Is Included- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Lunch at a typical local restaurant
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour
- What Is Not Included- Food and drinks, except if specified
- TransfersPick up and drop off at your hotel or private address
Related Interest Points