Experience the real Marbella on a 3-hour gastronomic wine and tapas tour starting in beautiful Old Town.
Explore the fascinating history and culture of Spain and its cuisine through a comprehensive food and wine tour as your expert guide with the ‘insider knowledge’ will introduce you to 4 little known tapas bars away from tourist trail, the places where the locals eat that you probably wouldn’t find on your own.
We will taste the diverse influences of Spanish food culture as we select 8 tapas that are very traditional and that you you probably wouldn’t choose yourself (many of these places don’t even have menus). Your host will perfectly match the wines, so you can see the great range that Spain has to offer as well as giving you plenty of information about the fascinating (and unexpected) history of Marbella.
Immerse yourself in 3 hours of Spanish food and wine culture and learn all about the history and traditions of this Spanish way of life, including tapas bar etiquette and how to order with confidence.
Starting in the heart of Old Town Marbella with charming cobbled streets and fragrant orange trees, you will see some of the city’s most beautiful areas and learn how Marbella grew from a sleepy fishing village to the playground of the rich and famous. Its fascinating history dating back before Roman times has shaped its cuisine over centuries and we will explore these influences on the traditional tapas culture.
Your entertaining expert guide has extensive knowledge of Spanish food and wine and its culture.
All dishes are full tapas and all wines are proper glasses, so no tasting samples. Plenty to satisfy on a night out!
Our groups are kept small with a maximum of 8 guests, so you never feel like you’re in a group of tourists, get personal attention and perhaps make new friends, united by a love of food and wine.
A truly authentic, fun and unforgettable experience, this is an exclusive tour for those who want to discover the real culture and history of wine and tapas.
So, whether you’re a connoisseur or just love to eat and drink, you’ll learn tips for enjoying tapas and wine in Spain with plenty of facts along the way.
- What Will You Do1. Start in the Old Town of Marbella where you will experience the most beautiful parts of the city with charming cobbled streets, orange trees and quaint Moorish inspired architecture.
2. Learn about the fascinating and varied history of Marbella and how it grew from a sleepy fishing village to the playground of the rich and famous.
3. The first stop is a tapas bar very popular with the Spanish that offers a great range of traditional tapas where we have 2 specially selected tapas with some surprising wine matches.
4. Next stop is one of the most original tapas bars in Marbella, run by the same family for over 70 years, and hidden down a backstreet. This is no-frills authentic Spanish that epitomises the local tapas culture. Expect some unusual genuine tapas that you may not expect, with traditional Rioja.
5. Onto another hidden away tapas bar, not easy to find but extremely popular. More inspiring tapas with perfectly matched wine.
6. Our final stop is a short 5 minute walk to one of the liveliest tapas bars, buzzing with excitement and a fantastic selection of tapas. End the evening with one of the most unusual, but effective, wine and tapas matches that you will find.
- What To Expect- Traditional tapas that you probably would never order.
- Perfect wine matches as your expert introduces you to the diversity of Spanish wines.
- Learn and experience the real culture of this Spanish tradition of bar hopping for tapas or 'tapeo' as the Spanish say.
- Enjoy the 'insider' experience as you visit tapas bars where the locals eat.
- Great fun as you become familiar with authentic Spanish culture and socialise in the best way, with food and wine
- What Is Included- 8 tapas
- 6 wines
- Expert host
- What Is Not Included- Transport to the meeting point (it is well served by taxis and public transport)
- Any other food or drinks not specified
- Gratuities (nice but never expected)
- Know Before You Go- Walking level easy
- Come hungry
- Keep an open mind
- Cannot cater for vegans