On this private tour we explore the protected areas of Ludo and Quinta do Lago. These two areas are extraordinary places for birdwatching, in fact, some of the best birding spots in the Algarve.
Put on your birding hat and have a great time out discovering one of the best birdwatching spots of the Algarve.
This area is a birdwatchers paradise and your knowledgeable local guide will show you the great diversity of birds and make the most of your time spent in this beautiful protected wetland in the Algarve.
It is made of a mosaic of pine woodlands, saltpans, farmland, marshlands and freshwater ponds. Some of the local specialties are the Little Bittern, the Purple Swamphen, the Red-crested Pochard and exotic Black-headed weaver. These species can be observed in the reedy pool on the edge of freshwater ponds.
Autumn is marked by several migrant passerines, including Melodious and Willow Warblers, Tawny Pipit and Bluethroat. The reed beds are important for several nesting waterbird species and also for large numbers of migrating passerines during both autumn and spring migration.
All over the year, species like Spoonbill, Black-winged Stilt, Avocet and Kentish Plover can be observed. Other breeders include Collared Pratincole, Great Spotted Cuckoo, Yellow Wagtail, Woodchat Shrike and beach-nesting Little Tern.
Winter is quite interesting mostly due to the huge concentrations of waders and ducks that take refuge here. The Caspian Tern, Osprey, Black-shouldered Kite, Marsh Harrier and Booted Eagle are other regular visitors during the coldest period of the year.
Sightings of reasonable numbers of the Greater Flamingo are common all year round and excellent views of the sociable Azure-winged Magpie, the hard to miss Hoopoe and the lovely Sardinian Warbler are some of the other highlights.
Ludo and Quinta do Lago are well worth discovering. Join us on a birdwatching tour in this beautiful site. We promise you a memorable day out filled with birds.
- What To Expect- Explore the protected areas of Ludo and Quinta do Lago with an enthusiastic guide and discover one of the best birding spots of the Algarve.
- If you’re staying in the Algarve and you like bird watching, make sure to join this wonderful bird watching tour through Portugal’s stunning Ria Formosa.
- Enjoy a 3-hour private bird watching tour in the protected areas of Ludo and Quinta do Lago and discover the best of the Algarve bird life with an expert local guide.
- What Is Included- Private bird watching tour accompanied by an experienced guide
- Use of binoculars, telescope and bird identification guides
- Transfer from meeting point to the starting point of the tour and return