The ultimate safari experience is a day-trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana, it boasts Africa’s Big Five and the world’s largest elephant population. A Chobe Safari day trip combines the experiences of viewing the Chobe National Park from both vehicle as well as boat, along with a scrumptious lunch in between the activities.
With the world’s largest elephant population, and a reputation for big cat sightings, a Chobe day trip is an absolute must on any itinerary where game viewing is high on the agenda.
Please note, as with all safaris in Africa, not all game sightings are guaranteed as visibility depends on the time of year.
It’s easily accessible from the towns of Victoria Falls, (Zimbabwe) as well as Livingstone in Zambia and Kasane in Botswana
- What Will You DoCHOBE GAME DRIVE
The ultimate safari experience is a trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana, which has the world’s largest elephant population. The land-based safari heads deep into the Park to spot the elusive big cats that make Chobe their home. Chobe National Park is one Southern Africa’s most wild parks. Located in the North-East of Botswana, along the Chobe river, bordering Namibia’s Caprivi Strip. It’s an area where the countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Namibia meet. With the world’s largest elephant population, and a reputation for big cat sightings, a Chobe day trip is an absolute must on any itinerary where game viewing is high on the agenda.
CHOBE RIVER GAME CRUISE
The game cruise on the Chobe River brings you close to brilliant bird life, pods of wallowing hippos, primeval crocodiles and elephants, breath-taking in their sheer number. Excellent game viewing can be experienced on a game viewing boat cruise which takes guests to the inner reaches of the Chobe River, where there is magnificent water life. During certain times of the year a large flood plain appears, teeming with game enjoying the plentiful cool waters of Chobe.
- What To ExpectExcellent game viewing can be experienced on a game drive through the national park, where guests atop a our safari vehicle can experience all of the thrills and spills in the animal kingdom that Chobe is famous for.
A Chobe game cruise is paired with a game drive by vehicle through the national park, where you where guests can experience the thrills and spills of the animal kingdom that Chobe is famous for!
- What Is Included- Return transfers from Lodges/Hotels in either Livingstone, Victoria Falls or Kasane Towns
- Buffet lunch
- Park fees
- Local beverages only
- What Is Not Included- Premium drinks
- Visa fees
- All items that are not mentioned in the inclusions
- Know Before You Go- Minimum 2 pax – Maximum 100 pax
- Visas may be required for some nationalities and must be pre-arranged before leaving their home country. Visas CANNOT be bought at the border post. Guides will assist guests through the Zambian and Botswana immigration formalities.
- The transfer to Chobe includes a boat crossing of the Zambezi River at the point where the 4 countries of Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia meet.
- Guests are advised to have breakfast before departing
- Special dietary requirements need to be communicated in advance
- TransfersLEAVING FROM LIVINGSTONE TOWN - PICK UP AND DROP OFF TIMES
- Pick up from Lodges/Hotels within Livingstone Town at approx. 07h00
- Drop off to Lodges/Hotels within Livingstone Town at approx. 18h00
LEAVING FROM VICTORIA FALLS TOWN - PICK UP AND DROP OFF TIMES
- Pick up from Lodges/Hotels within Victoria Falls Town at approx. 07h00
- Drop off to Lodges/Hotels within Victoria Falls Town at approx. 18h00
LEAVING FROM KASANE TOWN - PICK UP AND DROP OFF TIMES
- Pick up from Lodges/Hotels within KasaneTown at approx. 08h00
- Drop off to Lodges/Hotels within Kasane Town at approx. 16h00