We leave Lisbon towards north to the region of Bucelas, o the Carrafouchas Estate. Located in the village of A-das-Lebres part of Santo Antão do Tojal town, the Carrafouchas Estate is a beautiful example of the Portuguese architecture that can be found in the north of country as well as the south. It was built in the early 18Th century. From its history it is known that Junot, the French general during the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, stayed here. On April 8 of 1879, the property is bought from the Marquis of Valada by Joaquim Franco Cannas, remaining in his family since. It belongs today to D. Maria Veneranda Cannas Henriques da Silva. Here we will visit by foot the vineyard, the historical heritage and the old cellar, finishing with the tasting of two red wines and one white wine paired with traditional regional produce from local farmers. We will drive towards Colares to the Adraga Beach, elected by The Guardian as the best beach of Portugal and by The Sunday Times as one of the 20 best European beaches. After we have lunch (paid directly to the restaurant) at the beach we will visit the most western vineyards of Europe. On the northern slope of the Sintra mountain range and overlooking the Atlantic we will find the Casal Santa Maria. It is a place filled with history, mystery and beauty that mirrors the extraordinary life of Baron Bodo von Bruemmer, who lived 108 years filled with the most incredible things that life has to offer. Here, we will visit the winery, the cellar, the vineyards, the gardens and the two most kept secrets of the Casal Santa Maria. The visit will end with the tasting of 6 wines. We will roam towards Oeiras for our last visit of the day, the Winery of the Palace of the Marquis de Pombal and the Casal da Manteiga Winery, where ‘Villa Oeiras’ is made, it’s vineyards as well as Marques de Pombal, a great Portuguese statesman, original Winery from the 18Th century. In an intimate environment and impressive artistic wealth followed by the tasting of 3 wines. Return to Hotel.
- What Will You Do- Visit the vineyards, historical heritage and the old cellar of the Quinta das Carrafouchas. Tasting of two red wines and one white wine paired with traditional regional produce from local farmers.
- stop at Adraga Beach, elected by The Guardian as the best beach of Portugal and by The Sunday Times as one of the 20 best European beaches.
- Visit the most western vineyards of Europe, the winery, the cellars the gardens and the two most kept secrets of the Casal Santa Maria. Tasting of 6 wines.
- Visit to the Casal da Manteiga Winery, the winery where ‘Villa Oeiras’ is made, it’s vineyards as well as Marques de Pombal’s original Winery from the 18th century. Tasting of 3 wines.
- What To ExpectWith this tour you will get to know 3 distinct areas of wine production around Lisbon, its particularities, its climate and terroir. By visiting special wineries selected for their history, their beauty, their architectural interest and uniqueness.
You will taste several wines from all 3 regions and taste local produce from Bucelas farmers.
Lunch will be in Adraga Beach area. Get your camera ready, this beach offers stunning backgrounds.
- What Is Included- Guide specialised in Wine Tourism and trainer in Wine Tasting (certified by WSET e IEFP)
- Local guide in each winery
- Transportation in a comfortable 7 seater van with air conditioned and WI-FI
- All winery visits on the program
- All local taxes
- What Is Not Included- Lunch
- All things not included on the description
- Personal expenses such as shopping, food and beverages not included in the description
- Gratuities (optional)
- TransfersArea of Lisbon city is included.
Area of Cascais and Sintra will add the cost of €8 per person. Please let us know when you book, or up until 48h prior the tours, if you will need the pickup from one of these areas with the address of your accommodation.