In a small group, up to 6 guests per guide this exciting Jeep tour, will show you the best Crete has to offer. The fun begins as you hop into a Jeep for a tour which includes an off-road adventure through the picturesque landscape of Crete, Greece’s largest island known for its varied terrain.
Head to small village of Ano Vouves to see the world’s oldest living olive tree, still producing its precious liquid some 3,000 years later. Tour the small museum and learn the challenges involved in ancient olive oil production.
Head to Anoskeli’s local winery and olive mill where you will enjoy a professionally guided tour of the facilities and learn how they produce olive oil. While here, enjoy some extra virgin olive oil with oregano and lemon juice on warm, freshly baked bread.
Over in the wine section of the facilities you will discover their wine making processes and sample the results as well as a taste of a local alcohol named “tsikouthia”.
During the nature walk at the Deliana-Mesavlia gorge you can take photos with local mountain goats, watch as vultures soar gracefully in the air and soak in breathtaking panoramic views. The gorge is characterized by the dense vegetation around its creek and in spring is at its peak and the water flows in abundance.
From there you will ride to the charming village of Milia. Time stops here: there is no electricity, cozy stone houses brings us close to the philosophy “back to the basics”.
The place is an authentic 17th century mountain settlement which has been transformed into an eco-friendly tourist complex, one of the top 50 worldwide choices of National Geographic magazine, concerning eco-tourism and agro-tourism.
Your delicious lunch will consist of a traditional Cretan flavor with Cretan or season salad, wine and dessert.
Head to Chania, admire and take plenty of photos of wild landscape nature, at Topolia gorge.
Book this small group full-day tour today and get ready for a fun taste of the authentic Crete.
- What To Expect- Take a full-day tour to the Milia mountain retreat in a 4WD vehicle
- Watch the striking countryside of Western Crete on a scenic drive
- Learn about the Greek island’s history and culture from an informative guide
- Enjoy a traditional Cretan lunch with wine and a small-group experience
- What Is Included- Lunch
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Wine and Olive Oil tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Liability Insurance
- Entry/Admission - The Monumental Olive Tree of Vouves
- Entry/Admission - Anoskeli Winery
- Entry/Admission - Milia Mountain Retreat
- Entry/Admission - Topolia Gorge
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities
- Know Before You Go- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- TransfersTransfer is available up to 25km (15 miles) from Chania. Please remember to provide your complete address at the time of booking.
The complete information of the Tour guide and driver, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.