Day 1: Chennai – Mysore (By Fast Train Shatabdi Express. Departure at 6 am and Arrival at 1 pm) Tour to Chennai Mysore
Morning pickup from hotyel & transfer to railway station to board the shatabdi express to Mysore . Arrive Mysore meet at railway station & transfer to hotel. Later visit the Chamundi Hills “The Chamundeeswari temple is located on a hill in the vicinity of Mysore and is accessed through a motorable road. Chamundeeswari the tutelary deity of the Mysore Maharajas has been held in reverence for centuries, and the Wodeyars of Mysore have made extensive contributions to this shrine.”
Vrindavan gardens “The Gardens are laid across the River Cauvery below the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam in Mandya District, spreading over 150 acres of land. From Mysore it is a 30-minute drive to reach these exquisite gardens.On the other side of the dam lie the Brindavan Gardens. At the time of Krishnaraja Wodeyar’s regime the garden is constructed below the Krishnarajasagar dam across the river Cauvery. Evenings holds an enchanting charm as the sun sets behind the mountains on the western side, the whole environ turns spectacular with the splash of golden rays reflecting through the lake. The garden is embellished with vast expanses of well-laid out lawns, diverse kaleidoscopic rows of flowers and above all the amazing site of fountains encompassing a small beautiful lake holding the charm of musical fountain in its center. In Dec 2004 the entire garden was amended with new fountains and lights. Brindavan Gardens are basically terrace gardens that have been landscaped with decorated steps where water flows in-between these ornate steps”. Night stay in Mysore .
Day 2: Mysore – Chennai (By Super fast Train Shatabdi Express. Departure at 2:20 pm and Arrival at 9:35 pm)
Morning visit the Mysore Palace “A silhouette of the Mysore Palace illuminated with ninety seven thousand bulbs shimmering against an inky black night is one of the most enduring images of the city. A priceless national treasure and the pride of a kingdom, the Mysore Palace is the seat of the famed Wodeyar Maharajas of Mysore. An eclectic synthesis of architectural styles the palace is one of India’s most dramatic national monuments.
Today it is a museum housing treasures from across the world reflecting the rich and colorful history of the erstwhile princely state of Mysore”. Later transfer to railway station to board the shatabdi exp to Chennai. Arrive & transfer to hotel.
- What To Expect- Enjoy the air conditioned Chair car Train Tickets Chennai-Mysore-Chennai.
- Sightseeing of Mysore & Chennai.
- What Is Included- 1 nights accommodation in Mysore as per the itinerary with breakfast
- Air conditioned Chair car Train Tickets Chennai-Mysore-Chennai
- All transfers , sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fee to the Monuments.
- Local English speaking guides.
- All taxes , driver allowances , parking etc.
- What Is Not Included- Beverages, Gratuities, Laundry etc.
- Any meals except breakfast.
- Know Before You GoTravelling by train is the most opted for alternative when one has to go from Chennai to Mysore. A Chennai to Mysore train takes less time and also costs less as compared to other methods.
Four direct trains connect Mysore Junction Railway Station to Chennai Central Railway Station at a distance of 500 kms. These include Shatabdi Express, Bagmati express, Mysore express, and Kaveri Express. The fastest Shatabdi Express costs around INR 700 and takes about 7 hours to cover the distance.