Chichén Itzá (Mayan: Boca-del-pozo (chichén) de los brujos-de-agua (Itzá)) is one of the main archaeological sites of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. It is located in the municipality of Tinum, in the state of Yucatán. It consisted of a city or a ceremonial center, which passed through different constructive epochs and influences of the different peoples that occupied it and that promoted it since its foundation. An important and renowned vestige of the Mayan civilization, the main buildings that remain there correspond to the period called Late Classic or Early Postclassic (800-1100 AD)
The multiple and monumental buildings of the Chichén Itzá esplanade are presided by the Pyramid of Kukulcán, called by many “El Castillo”, one of the paradigmatic buildings of Mayan architecture. It is a four-sided pyramid that culminates in a rectangular temple. It sits on a rectangular platform 55.5 meters wide and has a height of 24 meters. Each side of the pyramid has a large stairway, 91 steps per side and 1 more that leads to the upper temple, giving 365 steps, one per day of the year
Izamal was one of the important sites of the Mayan civilization. A large settlement in the northern plains of the Yucatan Peninsula. The size of its buildings and the network of sacbés roads (white road built in Mayan antiquity) are evidence of the religious, political and economic power that this city had over the vast territory of the Mayab.
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
Infant meals not included
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Take comfortable clothes
- What Will You Do- 09:00 hrs: Departure at your hotel
- 11:30 hrs: Arrival at the Archaeological site. The guide will buy entry tickets for all groups (not included)
- We will visit for 2 hours with free time.
- 13:30 hrs: Visit the Ik'kil cenote
- 14:30 hrs: Buffet lunch with typical food. (Meals and drinks are not included)
- Access to bathrooms and dressing rooms in the cenote facilities
- 15:45 hrs: When you are returned to Mérida you'll visit Izamal a Magic town by UNESCO, there you'll visit the convent that just likes the houses have a yellow color
- 18:00 hrs: Arrive at Mérida City
This itinerary is approximate
- What To Expect- Know about the destination
- Unforgettable experience in the Mayan world
- What Is Included- Driver/professional guide bilingual (English - Spanish)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- What Is Not Included- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Meals and Drinks
- TransfersWe will pick you up and drop you off in your accommodation in Merida. Please contact us after booking to provide the address.
At the day of the tour, please be in the lobby of your hotel 10 minutes before the indicated time. Our staff will call you by your name when approaching. The staff will reconfirm the destination of the route and include them requested, then will address you to the transportation.