The archeological zone of Chichen Itza is a source of invaluable data for the knowledge of the prehispanic past. Because of its beauty and uniqueness, it is a cultural reference for all Mexicans, and, to a large extent, a symbol of indigenous and national identity. At present it is also a tourist destination for more than a million people who visit it every year. The most prominent building in the metropolis is the Pyramid of Kukulcán, which has become an emblem of Mayan culture throughout the world.
As a pole of tourist attraction, Chichén Itzá faces today, at the beginning of this new millennium, a formidable challenge: to achieve a sustainable development and guarantee its integral conservation, in order to preserve it and leave it as a legacy for future generations.
The area destined to the public visit has an extension of 47 hectares, but the protected area extends for more than 15 square kilometers, which includes all the monumental buildings of the city. This delimitation is known as a protection polygon.
- What Will You Do9:00 am: Departure from your hotel in Merida
11:30 hrs: Arrival at the archaeological site (admission not included).
We will enjoy 2 hours of free time to explore here with our expert bilingual guide.
If we have time, we will visit the Cenote Ik'kil. There will be toilets and changing rooms near the cenote.
Enjoy a buffet lunch with local food (drinks not included).
17:30 hrs: Arrival in Mérida.
* This itinerary is approximate
- What To Expect- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Baby meals not included
- Baby seats are available upon request if recommended at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear comfortable clothes, swimsuit and towel.
- What Is Included- Driver / Bilingual Certified Guide (English - Spanish)
- Buffet lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- What Is Not Included- Entrance fees
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)