The pre-Hispanic city of Chichén Itzá was the most outstanding capital of the Mayan area, at the end of the Classic period and the beginnings of the Postclassic period. Upon the arrival of the Spaniards, it was constituted as the most revered center of worship and pilgrimage in the Yucatan peninsula. At present, it is a Sacred Center for the Mayans. The archaeological zone is a Cultural Heritage of Mexico, and due to its importance it was internationally recognized, when it was declared and it was inscribed in the list of World Heritage by UNESCO, in 1988.
The archeological zone of Chichen Itza is a source of invaluable data for the knowledge of the prehispanic past. Because of its beauty and uniqueness, it is a cultural reference for all Mexicans, and, to a large extent, a symbol of indigenous and national identity. At present, it is also a tourist destination for more than a million people who visit it every year. The most prominent building in the metropolis is the Pyramid of Kukulcán, which has become an emblem of Mayan culture throughout the world.
As a pole of a tourist attraction, Chichén Itzá faces today, at the beginning of this new millennium, a formidable challenge: to achieve sustainable development and guarantee its integral conservation, in order to preserve it and leave it as a legacy for future generations.
The area destined to the public visit has an extension of 47 hectares, but the protected area extends for more than 15 square kilometers, which includes all the monumental buildings of the city. This delimitation is known as a protection polygon.
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
Baby meals not included
Baby seats are available upon request if recommended at the time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Wear comfortable clothes, swimsuit, and towel
- What Will You Do- 9:00 am: Departure from your hotel in Merida
- 11:30 hrs: Arrival at the archaeological site (admission not included)
- We will enjoy 2 hours of free time to explore here with our expert bilingual guide
- If we have time, we will visit the Cenote Ik'kil. There will be toilets and changing rooms near the cenote
- Enjoy a buffet lunch with local food (drinks not included)
- 17:30 hrs: Arrival in Mérida
This itinerary is approximate
- What Is Included- Driver / Bilingual Certified Guide (English - Spanish)
- Buffet lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- What Is Not Included- Entrance fees
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)