Every May, the people of Cordoba dedicate many of their efforts to decorate the patios of the house to the millimeter in order to win the great prize of the Festival. If you don’t want to miss out on all the beauty that floods the homes of the Caliphal city during the spring, join us on the Córdoba Duck Festival Special Tour and get to know a 100-year-old tradition.
This festival is celebrated during the first two weeks of May, a month in which the spring has been with us for some time and nature reaches a phase of color; But this year 2021 will be different and unique, since the Córdoba City Council will carry out special activities due to the Centennial of the Patio Festival. We will enjoy visiting the patios with the warm autumn breeze without losing a hint of the beauty for which the patios of Córdoba are famous; During the month of October, the doors of the most traditional houses and their leafy patios open to allow us to enter a scene from an Andalusian story. We will go into several courtyards participating in the contest to see all the work done, you can take photos and talk to a neighbor to learn their tricks.
We will visit the Axerquía Cordobesa neighborhood with our guide in Spanish, so you will not miss any detail of one of the most anticipated festivals in southern Spain. In addition, even a neighbor will be able to give you a small botany class to know the main flowers that the contestants use to decorate the patios.
We just remind you that in 2012 UNESCO named the Cordoba Courtyard Festival as Intangible Cultural Heritage thanks to its meaning. You can’t miss it for the world!
- What Will You Do- Meeting point: Plaza de la Corredera.
- Itinerary: Entrance to several official Cordovan courtyards that participate in the Festival.
- End point: Plaza de la Corredera
- What Is Included- Official Guide in Spanish.
- Walking tour.
- Entrance to several official Cordovan courtyards that participate in the Festival.
- What Is Not Included- Food and drink.
- Know Before You Go- Our guides will be identified with an umbrella, flag, backpack or cord with water green accreditation and the company logo: Paseando por Europa.
- Please arrive 15 minutes in advance because the tour will depart on time.
- Show the guide, at the meeting point, the reservation confirmation email either in print or by mobile phone or tablet.
- For the excursion to go ahead, a minimum of 8 participants is necessary.
- It is accessible: indicate it when making the reservation.
- It is a regular group tour (not a private tour).
- 100% safe tour
- The current regulations and the safety and protection measures against COVID-19 are complied with: small groups, safety distance, guide equipment ...
- Remember to bring your mask!