Our West Patrimony is really ample and the proof is that you will have 6 cities to choose for a full day trip, all of them with a unique atmosphere, welcoming people, traditions and history. Up to your preferences you can choose 3 cities that you would like to know:
– Fátima is one of the main symbols of faith, you will have the chance to visit the main square which has a 300 thousand people capacity, the Chapel of Apparitions, the Church of ‘Santíssima Trindade’ and the Shepherd houses.
– Alcobaça Monastery is the highest and longest church in the country, having been elected as one of the Seven Wonders of Portugal. It contains two masterpieces of medieval statuary, the tombs of King Pedro I and D.Inês. It’s The tragic romance of these ill-fated lovers is often likened to the story of Romeo and Juliet.
– Batalha Monastery took almost two centuries to build, constructed in the 12th-century, it is classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and it’s a symbol of the former empire’s age of maritime development.
– Rio Maior Salt Mines is built with streets of stone, and houses of wood, surrounded by curious tanks of irregular shapes. It’s nowadays an interesting natural wonder and it’s Composed by 400 “fields” occupying an area of more than 20,000 sq m.
– Nazaré is a typical pilgrimage village where men go out to the sea to fish and their wives (that wear 7 skirts) sell the fish at the coastline. You can Enjoy the best panoramic view of the area on the site and feel by yourself the the giant waves surfed by Garrett McNamara.
– Óbidos famous “village of kings and queens” was, in ancient times a place of choice for rest and leisure of the Portuguese Court, you can have a taste of the typical ‘Ginja’ and then have a walk along the narrow streets and breathe some medieval times.
- What Will You Do- Get ready to be amazed by the legends and epic history that this towns have to offer.
- From Salt mines, to gothic monasterys, you choose what you want to see!
- On the way back, learn some about the Portuguese culture, while listening to Portuguese music and with some traditional liquor tasting!
- What To Expect- Fun is always sure with our Buddies.
- We also have a background on Portuguese history and by being born and raised in the west, we have infinite stories to tell you.
- We know the West as the palm of our hands and will gladly show it to you with a local enthusiasm: just like welcoming a guest in our home.
- We know the good restaurants, platform views and history background.
- Oh! And we also offer a liquor tasting ;)
- What Is Included- Bottled water.
- Live commentary on board.
- Local guide.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off.
- Small-group tour.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Portuguese Liquor Tasting.
- Portuguese Music.
- Little Souvenir.
- What Is Not Included- Lunch.
- Food and drinks.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase).