From Christchurch travel through Arthur’s Pass National Park then down into Westland District to finally reach the Glacier region with many photo opportunities and short walks along the way in the company of your driver/guide. This tour/transfer can be done in the reverse order or choose Fox Glacier.
Depart from Christchurch from your accommodation or airport. Travel through Arthur’s Pass National Park with photo stops at Castle Hill with its’ limestone formations and take a short trail to see the Devil’s Punchbowl Falls. Stop for a quick “cuppa” and then continue through the Otira Gorge and stop at the Viaduct Lookout-admire the perilous journey the stage coach followed to reach Arthur’s Pass.
Lunch stop in Hokitika then a short trekk through the forest and sand dunes to continue in early afternoon towards the Glacier Region. Possibilities to add on activities such as the White Heron Colony or the Kayak excursion on the tranquil lagoon of Okarito. It is a short trip then to reach Franz Josef. Transfer to your accommodation in Franz Josef. Transfer can be personalized- choose different locations eg: Wanaka, Fox Glacier, (price remains the same). Please inform which location chosen.
- What Will You Do- Short stops along the way for photo opportunities
- Scenic stops with short walks
- Rest Stops
- What To Expect- Pickup from Christchurch accommodation or International Airport by your private driver/guide
- Private Transfer to and from accommodation (Christchurch- Franz Josef)
- Photo opportunities
- Scenic Stops with rests stops
- Leisurely Pace - no timetable
- What Is Included- Multi Lingual Driver/Guide
- Bottled water in vehicle
- Commentary by your driver/guide
- Short walks to scenic locations
- What Is Not Included- Food and drinks (unless mentioned)