Begin the tour with a pick-up in Porto by an air-conditioned vehicle with driver. Drive east towards Amarante, your first stop of the day, where you will visit the Saint Gonçalo Church. Learn about the interesting architecture that draws from several different styles. Gain insight into the religious references found in those architectural styles that speak to its uniqueness. Head to the first wine estate of the day in the heart of the Douro region, where they specialize in Moscatel wine. Savor the delicious flavor and subtle aroma of the golden wine. Enjoy the complexity of this dessert wine that blends the Muscat grapes of the region with a variety of fruits.
Move on to the next stop: the historical village of Pinhão. Here a regional lunch will await you at a local restaurant, paired with Douro house wine. You know what they say: if the locals are here it must be good.
Take in the view of the river on the way to the next Estate. You will get to know a family run Wine Estate that is a beautiful example of the range of extraordinary products you can get in the Valley as they produce Douro DOC and Port Wine, Olive Oil and Nuts! Learn about the delicious port wine that has given the Douro Valley its reputation throughout the world. Understand how the effects of the region’s climate and rich soil influence the grapes and learn about the special storage techniques that result in these distinctive flavours. Also you will hear about the preparation of both unfortified and fortified wines. Then it is time to enjoy your last wine tasting of the trip
On our way back we still get a chance of visiting one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the region. Return to Porto where you can be dropped at a preferred place or taken back to your accommodation.
- What Will You Do- Visit the village of Amarante and Pinhão
- Get to know different wine estates and taste Moscatel wine, DOC Douro wine, port wine and Douro olive oil
- Enjoy one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the region
- Have a regional lunch in a local restaurant paired with Douro house wine
- Travel in a small group inside a 5 to 9-seater vehicle with air-conditioning
- What Is Included- Local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the center of Porto
- Tour will be made in a 5 to 9-seater vehicle with air-conditioning
- Visit to the city of Amarante
- Visit to a wine estate in Favaios and tasting of Moscatel wine
- Regional lunch in a local restaurant paired with Douro House Wine
- Visit to one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the region
- Visit to a wine estate and tasting of port wine, Douro DOC wine and olive oil
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop-off outside of Porto – an extra fee applies, paid to the guide on the day