Begin the tour with a pick-up in Porto by an air-conditioned vehicle with driver. Drive east towards Amarante, your first stop of the day, where you will visit the Saint Gonçalo Church. Learn about the interesting architecture that draws from several different styles. Gain insight into the religious references found in those architectural styles that speak to its uniqueness. Head to the first wine estate of the day in the heart of the Douro region, where they specialize in Moscatel wine. Savor the delicious flavor and subtle aroma of the golden wine. Enjoy the complexity of this dessert wine that blends the Muscat grapes of the region with a variety of fruits.
Move on to the next stop: the historical village of Pinhão. Here a regional lunch will await you at a local restaurant, paired with Douro house wine. You know what they say: if the locals are here it must be good. After lunch, you’ll have some free time to relax and have a look around the village. Then, you’ll be taken to one of the best viewpoints in the Douro Valley. This view has been considered one of the best views in the world by BBC, so you can´t miss it. Just next door, you’ll go into a family-run estate where you’ll taste the delicious olive oil they’ve been making for generations, but also some Douro DOC wine.
Take in the view of the river on the way to the next estate. Learn about the delicious port wine that has given the Douro Valley its reputation throughout the world. Understand how the effects of the region’s climate and rich soil influence the grapes, learn about the special storage techniques that result in these distinctive flavors and hear about the preparation of both unfortified and fortified wines. Then, it will be time to enjoy your last wine tasting of the trip. Return to Porto in comfort with the ease of a round trip transfer service, where you will be dropped off at any place in Porto that you prefer or be taken back to your accommodation.
- What Will You Do- Visit the village of Amarante and Pinhão
- Get to know 3 different wine estates and taste Moscatel wine, DOC Douro wine, port wine and Douro olive oil
- Enjoy one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the region
- Have a regional lunch in a local restaurant paired with Douro house wine
- Travel in a small group inside a 5 to 9-seater vehicle with air-conditioning
- What Is Included- Local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the center of Porto
- Tour will be made in a 5 to 9-seater vehicle with air-conditioning
- Visit to the city of Amarante
- Visit to a wine estate in Favaios and tasting of Moscatel wine
- Regional lunch in a local restaurant paired with Douro House Wine
- Free time to visit the village of Pinhão
- Visit to one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the region
- Visit to a wine and olive oil estate and tasting of Douro DOC wine and olive oil
- Visit to a wine estate and tasting of port wine
- Surprises throughout the tour
- What Is Not Included- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop-off outside of Porto – an extra fee applies, paid to the guide on the day