This is the most exclusive excursion from Madrid to El Escorial by VIP Class luxury bus and accompanying guide to visit El Escorial and its imposing Royal Monastery declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, as well as the monumental site of the Valley of the Fallen located a few kilometres away, in another beautiful enclave of the Sierra Madrileña.
We will start our tour to El Escorial with a guided visit of the Royal Monastery of El Escorial. Symbol of the greatness of the Spanish Empire is an impressive construction of great artistic and historical value that houses jewels such as the Basilica, the Royal Library, the Pantheon with the tombs of almost all the Kings of Spain since the Emperor Charles V or the palace buildings that occupied the different reigning dynasties.
After the guided tour to El Escorial we will have a free time to have a lunch before continuing the route to the nearby Valle de Cuelgamuros where the highest Christian cross in the world (150 meters) announces the location of the Valley of the Fallen, an extraordinary and controversial architectural work erected in honor of the fallen in the Civil War that gave way to a long period of dictatorship in Spain. We will visit the interior of the basilica carved into the rock and will admire the grandeur of the monumental complex its singular beauty in terms of architecture and landscapes.
- What To Expect- Learn the history of the Spanish Royal Kings
- See the UNESCO World Heritage monumental palace of the Kings of Spain Monastery of El Escorial
- Marvel at the enormous Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen
- What Is Included- Round trip Madrid - El Escorial -Valley of the Fallen - Madrid in a luxury bus VIP Class
- English & Spanish tour guide on the bus
- Entrance and guided tour to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial for an hour and a half
- Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and guided tour of the interior of the Basilica
- Children under 7 years old are free of charge