If you are looking to get to know Peneda Gerês National Park in a whole in an authentic and personalized way, this is the tour for you! Peneda Gerês National Park is the only Portuguese protected area classified as a National Park. It has a beautiful landscape that will surely leave anyone speechless
We take you on a ride where you get to know the main landmarks throughout the four mountains of the Park: Serra da Peneda, Serra Amarela, Serra do Gerês and Serra do Soajo. Our experienced guides help you discover stunning places where certainly you will be enchanted by the lush green landscapes, waterfalls and natural pools with crystal clear water, mountain villages and the most diverse stories and particularities of each region.
Our electric mountain bikes make this ride a pure leisure experience going further and faster with the highest level of comfort and quality.
It is a 130km ride with 3500 meters drop that can be done in two intense days, from the eastern part of the park, starting at Pitões da Júnias to Entre Ambos-os-Rios, in the west of the park, passing by mountains, valleys and some lovely mountain villages.
- What Will You DoDay 1:
1. Pitões das Junias: The trail starts in the eastern part of Peneda Gerês National Park, in Pitões das Júnias, located in Trás-os-Montes. Here, we find a village full of traditions and history, surrounded by mountains and waterfalls with a unique natural beauty.
2. Cascata das 7 Lagoas: Along the Cabril River are formed waterfalls and natural pools with pure and crystal water surrounded by a valley that forms an incredible landscape, ideal for those who like to be in contact with nature in its pure state. This is a popular spot for those who want to cool off in the summer, but it is a hard-to-reach place that we make possible with electric bike.
3. Cascata do Tahiti: Cascata do Tahiti is a waterfall that is undoubtedly one of the main attractions of the Park for its natural beauty and paradisiacal landscape. Although situated in a hidden spot that can only be reached by foot, four-wheel drive or by bicycle, it is one of the waterfalls with strong demand in summer
4. Ermida: Ermida is a mountain village with strong rural traditions situated in Serra do Gerês. Despite the great tourist affluence, it is possible to observe the locals in their daily life, where the pastoral tradition still remains. You will spend the night in this place which, gives us the possibility to know a little more about the customs of the people who live here.
1. Cascata do Arado: Located in the heart of Peneda Gerês National Park about 900 meters of altitude, this watercourse creates a unique succession of waterfalls along the rocks, in which the main attraction is a 22 meters waterfall where is possible to contemplate from a small gazebo.
2. Pedra Bela Viewpoint: The Pedra Bela viewpoint is a must-see place not to be missed on a visit to the Park. From this rocky balcony you can enjoy the Caniçada reservoir, the high mountains that surround the river or even the small houses in Gerês Village that form an unforgettable and noteworthy landscape.
3. Mata da Albergaria: Albergaria Forest is one of the main and the most beautiful forest of Peneda Gerês National Park, has green and secular oaks that bring a mystical surrounding to this place.
4. Portela do Homem It is located in the border with Spain at 822 meters of altitude. You can find here a river with several waterfalls and natural pools with pure and crystal-clear water that makes this an ideal place to cool in the summer.
5. Lindoso: Lindoso is one of the most beautiful mountain villages of Alto Minho with about 1300 inhabitants dedicated mainly to agriculture and breeding cattle. Here we find a 13th century castle, which had the important role of defending Portugal from past conflicts with Spain. It is currently classified as a National Monument from where you have a privileged view of the Lindoso reservoir. Throughout the village we can still find sets of granaries of the XVIII and XIX centuries, which are still used today.
- What Is Included- Local qualified guides
- Equipment: KTM Macina Kapoho 2973 2020, gloves, helmet, sunglasses
- Personal insurance and civil liability
- Photos and videos
- Accommodation at a rural house
- What Is Not Included- Lunch and dinner
- Transfer service until the meeting point (extra fee)
- Know Before You Go- Difficulty: average/high. It can be done by people with some experience
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants. Extra fee with smaller groups
- 2 days tour. Duration of +/- 5 hours each day
- It’s mandatory to know how to ride a bike
- Beginning in Pitões das Junias
- Transfers- Transfer from Braga: 5€/person
- Transfer from Guimarães: 10€/person
- Transfer from Porto: 15€/person
- Transfer from Viana do Castelo: 15€/person