This is the route that you can get to know Serra Amarela in a full: one of the four mountains that are part of the Peneda-Gerês National Park mountain system.
Characterized by the granite formation and with 1364 meters of altitude, this is the mountain with a magnificent beauty landscape, that you will want to stop to photograph and enjoy the nature around you. Let yourself the enchanted by the most old and historic village, the dams, viewpoints with breathtaking views and the enigmatic forests of the Peneda Gerês National Park.
You will stop at the most known and historic spots of the park with our local guide who will let nothing escape you, making a culturally unique experience in contact with nature in its pure state away from the crowds.
This course is about 60 km with 1400 meters-drop, mostly on dirt tracks, was design for anyone with a moderate physic and technique level, and can be tailored to the skills of each client.
- What Will You Do1. Vilarinho das Furnas: This trail begins in Vilarinho das Furnas where you can find a dam framed between the Serra Gerês and Serra Amarela that provide us a beautiful landscape. As a result of the construction of the dam an old village is submerged that is visible only when the water level drops.
2. Mata da Albergaria: Albergaria Forest is one of the main and the most beautiful forest of Peneda Gerês National Park, has green and secular oaks that bring a mystical surrounding to this place. It is considered one of the Biogenetic Reserves of the European Continent due to the variety and richness of this ecosystem. In order to preserve the natural beauty of the forest, a set of rules were applied for the visit of the place.
3. Portela do Homem: It is located in the border with Spain at 822 meters of altitude. You can find here a river with several waterfalls and natural pools with pure and crystal-clear water that makes this an ideal place to cool in the summer.
4. Lindoso: Lindoso is one of the most beautiful mountain villages of Alto Minho with about 1300 inhabitants dedicated mainly to agriculture and breeding cattle. Here you can find a 13th century castle, which had the important role of defending Portugal from past conflicts with Spain. It is currently classified as a National Monument from where you have a privileged view of the Lindoso reservoir. Throughout the village, you can still find sets of granaries of the XVIII and XIX centuries, which are still used today.
5. The tour ends at the meeting point located at Entre Ambos-os-Rios.
- What Is Included- Local qualified guides
- Equipment: KTM Macina Kapoho 2973 2020, gloves, helmet, sunglasses.
- Personal insurance and civil liability
- Photos and videos
- Transfer from the meeting point until Vilarinho das Furnas
- What Is Not Included- Food
- Transfer service to the meeting point
- Know Before You Go- Difficulty: medium. It can be done by people with some experience
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants. Extra fee with smaller groups
- It’s mandatory to know how to ride a bike
- It’s about 60km with 1400 meters-drop
- Transfers- Transfer from Braga - 5€/ person
- Transfer from Guimarães - 10€/person
- Transfer from Porto - 15€/person
- Transfer from Viana do Castelo - 15€/person