Listing ID: 29908
From Lisbon: Full-Day Private Tour To Evora And Its Megalithic CircuitA ten hour tour that will take you to visit the beautiful city of Évora, a World Heritage Site, the Almendres Cromlech and the Large Dolmen of Zambujeiro! Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
The tour will begin at the city of Évora Historical Centre, a UNESCO Site. Human presence in Évora counts thousands of years, since pre-historic times, as archaeological remains are able to prove.
During the Roman occupation, Liberalitas Julia, as it was known, was an important city of the Lusitania province. The Roman Temple, at the top of the hill, remembers the Empire presence and is the ex-libris of the city.
The Cathedral, built in the 13th century, and the Bones Chapel, a curious testimony of Human fragility, will be also visited and we will invite you, during the walking tour, to appreciate the admirable contrast the city preserves in itself between its ancient memories and the agitation of its university life.
After lunch, we will take you to know the Almendres Cromlech, the oldest megalithic monument in the world, built 7 000 years ago, 2 000 years before Stonehenge, in Britain. It is also the biggest megalithic monument in the Iberian Peninsula, with approximately 100 monoliths.
Visit the “Anta Grande do Zambujeiro”, a collective funerary monument, built 6 000 years ago. This Dolmen has a large corridor leading to the big chamber, which is, probably, the highest in the world, with about 6m high.
During the tour you will be able to appreciate the extraordinary landscape of Alentejo, the enchanted region of Portugal!
- What Will You Do1. Hotel pickup in Lisbon
2. Évora: Historic Centre
3. Évora: Roman Temple
4. Évora: Cathedral
5. Évora: Bones Chapel
6. Lunch: Free Time
7. Almendres Cromlech
8. Large Dolmen of Zambujeiro
9. Hotel drop-off back in Lisbon
- What To Expect- Take a full-day tour of Portugal’s Alentejo region from Lisbon
- Stop at Almendres Cromlech, the historic city of Evora, and Monsaraz
- Learn about the history of each city and the Alentejo region from your guide
- Enjoy a personalized experience with your own private guide and vehicle
- What Is Included- Private tour
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader)
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- What Is Not Included- Food and drinks.
- Entrance fees (Tickets: Évora Cathedral and Bones Chapel: Adults 4€, Youth 3€, Senior 3€).
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- No smoking or eating inside the vehicle.
- Gratuities are not included.
- Know Before You Go- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.
- TransfersPersonalized pick up and drop off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal or Lisbon airport.
Related Interest Points