This is one of the most exclusive tours in Évora! This private tour combines the charm of the capital of Alentejo, Évora, with its delicious delicacies, wine and olive oil.
You have 6 hours to have the best wine experience in Portugal where you get to know the best wines of Portugal and all of its history.
Your journey starts with a guided tour to the Quinta de Valbom where you can enjoy the amazing cellars and grounds. Be enchanted with the beautiful and unique Alentejo landscape and finish this visit with an incredible wine tasting of some of the premium wines and spectacular olive oils produced here!
After the visit to Cartuxa winery you drive to Évora, a city that has a rich cultural heritage, and its historic center has been distinguished as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Its privileged geographical location dictated the establishment of several peoples at different times. The Celts made the name immortal, the Romans built their imposing temple and during the period of the Christian Reconquest of the twelfth century, it was decisive in the constitution of the new kingdom of Portugal.
It is in Évora that you will visit the estate of Eugenio de Almeida Foundation. Fifty-five years after its creation, the Foundation is a landmark in promoting the arts and culture in the city and is actively involved in the development of the region.
In Páteo de São Miguel you will visit the Collection of Carriages, the Paço de São Miguel, a building with more than 500 years of History and Casas Pintadas, a unique example in Portugal of palatial mural painting from the second half of the 16th century.
In this Tour, if you wish, we can make you a reservation for Lunch at Enoteca Cartuxa! Surprise yourself by discovering the perfect harmony between the wines of Cartuxa Winery and the regional cuisine interpreted and reinvented in a modern way.
The Cartuxa Winery was acquired by the Eugénio de Almeida family in the 19th century and under its insignia, wines of excellence are produced, highlighting the mythical Pêra-Manca, mentioned in sixteenth-century chronicles, has the wine elected to seal the meeting between Pedro Álvares Cabral and the Indigenous, upon his arrival in Brazil in 1500.
This tour culminates with an exclusive and fantastic visit to Monte dos Pinheiros. Here you will feel the vineyards where the Pêra-Manca grapes grow and relax while admiring this fascinating landscape, marked by vineyards to lose sight of, punctuated by centenary olive trees and cork oaks that give us the cork.
So that you never forget this wine tour, we also included the offer of a bottle of Cartuxa Reserva Red to later enjoy! Book now if this is the way you like to explore!
- What To Expect- Guided tour of 1h30 to the Wine Cellar with 5 Premium wines (except Pêra Manca) + Olive oils and Hams - Timetable available at 10h30 or 11h30.
- Non-guided visit to the Eugénio de Almeida Foundation - Páteo São Miguel.
- Non-guided visit to the exclusive collection of antique carriages.
- Non-guided visit to the Casas Pintadas. (Closed on Monday)
- Exclusive entrance in Monte dos Pinheiros, vineyard of the Grape of the Pera Manca. (Closed on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Reservation for lunch or dinner at Enoteca Cartuxa.
- Bottle of Cartuxa Reserve Red.
- What Is Included- Rental of a Renault Twizy.
- Free internet for driver and passenger.
- Live stream of your experience to share with friends and family via Social Networks.
- Digital recording of the whole experience; a unique memory to remember later.
- Liability Insurance, Personal Accidents and Car Insurance.
- What Is Not Included- Lunch or Dinner at Enoteca Cartuxa (optional)
- Non partner Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off, unless surcharge of 10€
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- 100€ deposit per car (to be refunded at end of tour)
- Children under 4 years are not allowed
- Know Before You Go- This experience is booked on request. We will confirm or reject your request directly.
- Maximum of 2 persons (including the driver) per car. The Renault Twizy is a two-seater car.
- Valid driving license required
- Children (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult. A booster seat can be provided on request with no extra costs.
- Our cars although amazingly fun are not very big so we advise to bring just essentials and avoid any luggage or big backpacks.
- Please remember to bring water, cables if you need to charge your mobile phone and be ready for a lot of fun!
- TransfersFree transfer at specific meeting points in Evora (Convento do Espinheiro Historic Hotel, Evora Hotel and Tivoli Evora EcoResort).
Transfer from other locations in Evora are available for an extra 10€.
Please let us know your choice of pickup point at the time of booking.