Guided boat trip in Lisbon. This is a boat trip in the historical heart of Lisbon. It’s an informative boat trip along the River Tagus which takes you along the city of Lisbon to let you discover the period of the XVIII century and before. See the silent witnesses of the prestigious and glorious past. Our guide and sailor will be doing commentary so you can enjoy the views while also learning about the city of Lisbon.
The tour it’s in a traditional 1947 sailing cargo boat, with 15 meters and capacity for 50 people. Only 7 boats of this size remain, all of them inscribed in the Navy Museum, which makes our tour quite unique. The boat’s decoration is characterized by warm tones and numerous hand-painted flowers, that give a touch of charm and authenticity. The crew will introduce to you the history of our boat, the “Sejas Feliz” (Be Happy), will make the setting of the traditional boats of the Tagus and will give some historical notes about the main monuments.
The Tagus estuary traditional boats are one of the most important cultural heritage of its coastal communities. Its typological diversity is the largest in Europe, and one of the largest in the world. Among the various types of vessels we highlight the: Fragatas, Varinos, Botes de Fragata, Faluas, Cangueiros, Botes, Botes de Pinho, Botes de Água Acima, Canoas and Catraios.
- What Will You DoOur Express Cruise last for 45 minutes and starts at the Cais do Sodré river station. In this tour we have the opportunity to see from the river the wonderful landscape of the historical city centre, passing by the Commerce Square, São Jorge Castle, Alfama, National Pantheon and Santa Apolónia Station. On the way back we sail through the middle of the river to observe the enchantment of the hills of Lisbon, to observe from distance the grandeur of the 25 de Abril bridge and Crist the King.
- What To Expect- 45-minute boat cruise along the River Tagus in Lisbon.
- Travel by open boat and see the sights from the water.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day.
- On-board commentary ensures you don’t miss anything!
- Perfect introduction to Lisbon for first-time visitors.
- What Is Included- 45 minutes sightseeing river cruise in a 1947 traditional boat full of colors and hand painted flowers.
- What Is Not Included- Transportation to/from attraction.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Food and drinks, unless specified.