We will take you from Lisbon on a half-day tour to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima, the fourth biggest Catholic pilgrimage site in the world.
Three young cousins, Francisco, Jacinta and Lúcia, aged 7, 9 and 12, were herding their family sheep at “Cova da Iria” when they witnessed the Apparition of the Virgin Mary for the first time, on May 13th of 1917.
Before the Apparition of the Virgin Mary they already had witnessed the apparition of an angel in the small village of Valinhos, near the place where they lived.
The Apparitions of the Virgin Mary took place between May and October, on the 13th day of each month, during the year of 1917. On the last Apparition, the sixth, about fifty thousand pilgrims witnessed a miracle known as the “sun miracle”. By that time the Sanctuary was already a place of faith and pilgrimage.
Built on the same place where the Apparitions took place, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima has the Chapel of the Apparitions, the great oak tree, near which the Apparitions occurred, a monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the great Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the modernist Basilica of the Holy Trinity.
After visiting the entire shrine, we will take you to Valinhos, to visit the seers family houses and to know their story. Come with us on this private tour and submerge yourself in sacred!
- What Will You Do1. Hotel pickup in Lisbon
2. Arrival in Fatima and visit to the Fatima Sanctuary
3. Visit to the shepherds Houses
4. Hotel drop-off back in Lisbon
- What To Expect- Enjoy a personalized experience with your own private guide and car
- Visit to Santuário de Fátima (free time to know Fátima Sanctuary)
- Learn about the religious story and significance of the town
- Visit to Loca do Anjo in Valinhos (place of first apparitions)
- What Is Included- Private tour;
- Driver/guide (full time trip leader);
- Tourist luxury vehicle;
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes);
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport.
- What Is Not Included- Entrance fees;
- Food and drinks.
- The baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- No smoking or eating inside the vehicle.
- Gratuities are not included.
- Know Before You Go- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers.
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.