Our trip starts from Athens.
Great experience, Mercedes cars, comfort and safety transportation under high standards,these are some of the benefits of booking a private transfer with as.
Also we can only offer a local guideline on the sites we are going to see, because we are not allowed to guide you inside of them.
But, we can provide you with lots of information about the sites we are going to visit. If we can combine it with our passion to show to our travelers our heritage, we think this is the recipe of success.
To show to world our amazing and majestic archaeological sites, landscapes etc.
- What Will You Do1. Depart from Athens with your local guide on a private vehicle.
2. First stop will be at Ancient Olympia. Visitors will have the opportunity to see up close the site of the Ancient "Sacred Forrest" which was the name of Ancient Olympia. Built on the North riverbank of Alfeios, it consists one of the greatests World Heritage sites (UNESCO), as well as an icredible natural landscape that evolved to the biggest religious sanctuary of the Ancient World. Like Time Travellers, we are magically transported to the site where the Olympic Games were held, the most important national event of Greeks, which according to tradition and myths began long before 776 B.C. (the official starting date/point) from Pelopa who won in a race track the King of Pissa, Enomao. We will visit the Zeus Temple where the 12 meter high, Golden and Ivory Statue of Zeus was exposed (one of the 7 Wonders of the World) we will see the Philippeio: the unique circular construction, a gift to Zeus from the Great Alexander's father (the King Philippos the Second) a temple which was completed by Great Alexander himself. We'll also visit the Ancient Olympic Stadium,the Palaestras (the Athelic Field where wrestlers fight) Hera's Temple, Ancient Olympia's Museum, the recunstructions of the Romans who allowed the conduct of the Games without interruption until they ceased in 393 AC. by the edict of Theodosius I, Emperor of Byzantium.
3. Then, we'll visit the Temple of Epicurean(Epikourios) Apollo in Bassae. At an altitude of 1130 meters between Ilia, Arcadia and Messinia, it resists one of the most important and best preserved monuments of ancient Greece. The only one that combines all three architectural rhythms (Doric, Ionic, Corinthian) made by the Parthenon architect, Ictino, after suggestion by the priests of the Delphi oracle. The UNESCO World Heritage Site was dedicated by the Figals to Epicurean Apollo, that is to the assistant and supporter of war and disease.
4. On our way to Ancient Sparta, we'll make some stops to admire the magnificent landscapes these areas in Peloponnese provide us with.
5. As time goes by, we visit the ancient city of Sparta, where we will see its Acropolis, its ancient Theater and some Roman-era houses.
Ancient Sparta was built on the banks of the Eurotas River in Laconia, southeast of the Peloponnese, and became known as a political-military force in Greece at the beginning of the Archaic period (800 BC to 479 BC) to reach its decline after its victory in the Peloponnesian War over Athens and its allies, where it imposed until 371 BC.
6. Then, we'll go to Cave of Kaiadas. It was a pit or underground cavern at Sparta, into which state-prisoners or their corpses were thrown. We are going to see its majestic landscape and do a peregrination.
7. Last, but not least, we visit Ancient Mycenae. Perseus establishes the most important and richest palace center of the Late Bronze Age in Greece, Mycenae.
8. Return to your address in Athens.
- What To Expect- Walking tour inside the magnificent site of Ancient Olympia
- Majestic view of the natural element of these areas
- Taste traditional flavors
- Visit to the Ancient Mycenae and its ancient city
- What Is Included- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Dinner in Athens
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- What Is Not Included- Not allowed to guide you inside the monuments
- Know Before You Go- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- The maximum capacity of the tour is of 4 people per group
- Bring your ID with you