Listing ID: 35912
From Barcelona: Excursion To Montserrat With Lunch And Wine Tasting
Easy Cancellation - Cancel 3 days before for a full refund
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Fast booking confirmation
Located just one hour away from central Barcelona, Montserrat is considered to be the most important mountain in Catalonia. A unique massif famous for its spirituality, its gothic shapes and beautiful views, also ideal for all sort of treks and climbing.
The guided tour consists of an extended visit throughout the Basilica and Monastery, after which you will have time to explore the site on your own. There are many activities to choose from – you may want to explore the monastery further, visit the museum, make your way to the holy cave, ride a funicular to the top of the mountain, or shop in the Farmer’s Market. At the end of the visit you will have the opportunity to listen to l’Escolania de Montserrat, the oldest Boys’ Choir in Europe.
After Montserrat, we head to the grounds of Oller del Mas, one of the most important and beautiful wineries in the region. After a short half an hour drive we will make a stop at Oller del Mas restaurant where you will be served a fabulous multi-course local meal accompanied by regional wine. Believe us, this is by no means your typical “tour food”! It is our challenge to thrill all our clients with and unforgettable feast.
In the afternoon, our expert guides will be in charge of the visit to the cellar. Oller del Mas is not a common winery – its superb ecological wines have earned plenty of awards in the recent years. In fact, one of its wines has recently become one of the five “vi de finca”, the highest recognition for wines in Spain. But the cellar is not only special for its wines. Located in an impressive castle that dates back to over a thousand years ago, some of its walls still are 10th century originals. You will take a stroll by the vineyards, learn how the wine is made, and discover all of its secrets.
Last but not least comes the wine tasting, where you will taste three ecological wines. It does not matter if you have been to a hundred tastings before or if this is your first one – your guide will provide you with a few valuable hints that will surely impress your acquaintances back home.
- What Will You Do9:45 am Meet at Plaza Catalunya, 21 (right by the Hard Rock Café)
10:00 am Departure for Montserrat
11:15 am Cogwheel train ride
11:30 am Guided visit through Montserrat Monastery
1:45 pm Departure for the winery
2:15 pm Multi-course lunch with wine at a local restaurant
4:00 pm Guided visit through the vineyards and the winery
5:00 pm Wine tasting (3 local wines)
6:00 pm Departure for Barcelona
7:00 – 7:30 pm* Arrival to Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café)
*Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
- What To Expect- Enjoy a fantastic guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time to explore Montserrat: choose from museum, Sant Joan funicular, Farmer’s Market
- See “La Moreneta”, Montserrat’s black Madonna
- Attend the Boys’ Choir performance (l’Escolania)*
- Relax while enjoying a delicious multi-course homemade Spanish meal with local wine
- Explore a family-run winery
- Get an introduction to wine tasting
- Taste three local wines
*Please note that l’Escolania does not sing on several dates throughout the year.
- What Is Included- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English speaking-guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time at Montserrat
- Multi-course local meal with wine
- Guided visit to a boutique winery
- Three local wine tasting
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
- What Is Not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Know Before You Go- Usually group size is maximum 16 people per guide, although we reserve the right to extend the limit to 18.
- Transportation will be shared with other groups.
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify itinerary if considered necessary.
- Please notify us if you are interested in hearing the boys' choir during this experience. Please note that the Boys’ Choir doesn’t perform on Saturdays, school holidays and several other dates throughout the year.
- We work daily with different low-production, family-owned boutique wineries. Due to logistic reasons, you might visit another cellar instead of Oller del Mas.
- If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking. We’ll do our best to welcome you on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly. We recommend to bring a bottle of water, especially during summer season.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.
Day trip was great