Journey towards the Bucegi Mountains and Prahova Valley in the Southern Carpathians and enter a magical mountain region fabled for the legend of Count Dracula.
Follow in the footsteps of the Romanian royal family and visit the mountain resort of Sinaia. Visit the Neo-Renaissance palace of Peleș Castle, built for King Carol I. Continue to the dramatic fortress of Bran Castle, commonly known as “Dracula’s Castle.”
Then, explore the nearby city of Brașov, built by the Saxons and remarkably preserved through time. Admire the Gothic façade of the Black Church (Biserica Neagră) and other landmarks of the historic center.
– On Mondays, Peles castle is closed, so Rasnov Citadel will be visited instead
– Between September 15 and May 15, Peles castle is open from Wednesday to Sunday only. On Mondays and Tuesdays, Rasnov citadel will be visited instead
– Between May 15 and September 15, Peles castle is open from Tuesday to Sunday only. On Mondays, Rasnov Citadel will be visited instead
– Between November 2 and December 1, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit his smaller replica – Pelisor Castle
– During the official holidays and weekends the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9pm – 10pm)
- What Will You DoThis tour starts at 8.00 am with private pick-up from your hotel or apartment in Bucharest.
First thing in the morning we will journey towards the Bucegi Mountains and Prahova Valley. This is one of the most attractive mountain regions in Romania and fairly close to Bucharest city.
Step 1 – Peles castle
We will drive about 2 hours to reach the mountain city of Sinaia. Here we will visit the marvelous Peles Castle. This is probably the most beautiful castle in Romania, built in an enchanting bavarian style by our first King Carol I. We will visit here the interiors of the castle (about one hour) and the splendid gardens around the castle. Great view upon the mountain tops is guaranteed!
Step 2 – Dracula Castle
Next we move on towards another marking monument in Romania. The Bran Castle is mostly known as the Dracula Castle thanks to the Dracula Vampire legends… You will learn everything about this story from our professional tour guides.
It will take us about 40 minutes driving from Peles Castle to the Dracula castle. The entire road goes through beautiful mountain landscapes as we will be crossing the Southern Carpathians. We will visit Dracula castle inside ( about one hour) and have some time at the gift shops around the castle.
Step 3 – Brasov city
After we’ve seen these important landmarks, we will arrive in one of Romania’s most beautiful towns. This town lies right at the feet of the mountains: Brasov was once a mighty stronghold protecting the border against invasions. The city was built by saxons and was remarkably preserved throughout time, housing now Romania’s biggest gothic church, named The Black Church. After a guided tour in the city center we will enjoy a well-deserved lunch break in the old town. You can stroll on the charming streets, get some lunch or even visit some local museums in your free time in this city.
Now that we’ve seen and learnt so much, the ride back home will be the best opportunity to meditate, debate and discuss about our trip.
We will be back in Bucharest in the evening, around 20:00 p.m.
- What Is Included- Transport with car or minivan with air conditioning
- Licensed guide that speaks English, German and Italian
- Guided tours at all sites
- Private pick-up from your hotel in Bucharest
- What Is Not Included- Meals
- Entrance fees (about 15 Euros)
- TransfersWe provide free pick up from your hotel/ apartment in Bucharest
Please contact us latest 24 hours before the tour starts to provide your hotel name and address for pick up