Departing from Cairns at 7:30am, head north towards the Daintree, an area of ancient tropical rainforest spanning 120,000 hectares, making it the largest portion of tropical rainforest in Australia. Enjoy an interpretive walk through the longest and most luscious nature trail in the National Park. An unrivalled opportunity to witness the complex ecosystems in this World Heritage Area, finished off with a swim in the freshwater gorge.
At the Daintree Tea House, lunch has an exotic theme. The outside dining area is beautiful and exclusive, with views of the surrounding rainforest and continuous sounds of birds and nature. Why not treat your taste buds to some of the interesting and exotic fruits provided with lunch.
After lunch we travel to the Daintree River for our Wildlife Cruise. The surroundings are full of opportunities to observe and photograph some of the most primitive forms of animal and plant life in the world. Our cruise operator has the only solar electric vessel on the Daintree River. The clean, green, quiet machine greatly benefits our wildlife spotting privileges. Most days we experience great bird life and crocodile activity.
We will return you to your accommodation in Cairns at 5:30pm
- What To Expect- Rainforest interpretive walks
- Mossman Gorge swimming option
- Great Barrier Reef Coastal Drive
- Exotic fruit presentation and tasting
- Tropical themed lunch and drinks
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Scenic stops for coastal views
- What Is Included- Passionate interpretive guide
- Interpretive rainforest walk at Mossman Gorge
- Daintree wildlife cruise
- Morning tea
- Tropical lunch
- Sunscreen and Insect repellent
- First aid kit on board
- Umbrellas provided for rainy days
- Pickup and drop off in your accommodation