Early in the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel in El Calafate and we will head to Los Glaciares National Park (80 km) for you Big Ice Perito Moreno Ice Trekking. Arriving one hour later, we will get to the embarking pier located in “Bajo de las Sombras” port, about 6 km before the glacier Balconies.
There we will embark for a 20 minutes navigation across the Rico Arm, enjoying breathtaking views of the Perito Moreno glacier’s front wall. Then, arriving on the opposite shore, we will disembark and our specialized bilingual mountain guides will welcome you and lead you to a small shelter.
After checking the gear, we will walk following the lateral moraine for an hour and a half until we reach the access to the glacier. Once we will get on the ice, the guides will put on each participant a pair of crampons on, they will explain how to use them and we will start our four hour incredible trek.
At the very beginning of the trek, we will have a breathtaking view of the immense plateau of ice. Along the trek, we will receive explanations about flora, fauna, general glaciology of the region and also about the particular phenomenon that happens in the Perito Moreno Glacier and eventually produces its rupture. After an hour, we will stop and have lunch on the ice, while resting for a little while.
Back on the moraine, we will start our descent back to the port to take the boat and navigate for 20 more minutes, very close to the southern wall. There, we will take the bus again to go back to the hotels in El Calafate
- What Will You Do- Enjoy a boat ride that takes tou closer to the Glacier
- Go for an adventurous Ice Trek on top of the Glacier
- Be accompanied by bilingual guides
- What To ExpectThis full day excursion will take you to the heart of the glacier, fully equipped and accompanied by our certified and bilingual guides who will take you to the blue lagoons, and the hidden viewpoints during a 4 hours trekking on the ice. You will have access to the glacier balconies for 30 minutes to get the best views and scenery of the National Park before you go for adventure! The excursion includes a 20-minute navigation to the Perito Moreno glacier
- What Is Included- Transfers From/To Hotels In El Calafate
- Bilingual Mountain Guides
- Big Ice Perito Moreno Ticket
- Boat ride
- What Is Not Included- Port Taxes
- Entrance to the National Park
- Lunch and Drinks