Explore the breathtaking Ligurian coast on a tour of Cinque Terre, a small corner of paradise divided into five villages suspended on steep cliffs overlooking the sea, you will experience a unique landscape and a place where vegetation and lush vineyards frame a spectacular scenery. Visit four of the five villages.
You will spend an unforgettable day discovering one of the most impressive Ligurian landscapes. In this area, which has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, earth and sea blend to create a unique landscape. The area consists of kilometres of rocky coasts with caves, beaches, hiking paths and breathtaking views. Meet our staff in Florence where the tour will begin. You’ll first reach Manarola, a tiny urban jewel characterized by Genoese style ‘case-torri’.
Then you will move to Vernazza, a village overlooked by the remains of a Medieval castle with a cylindrical tower, in which you can enjoy some free time. After that you will reach Monterosso, known as the ‘pearl of Cinque Terre’. This ancient fishing village with lovely beaches and lush vegetation covering the rocks that will certainly astonish you. First you’ll have a typical Ligurian lunch, where you’ll get the chance to taste the handmade pasta “trofie” with Pesto sauce, and other typical delicatessen.
After lunch you’ll also get the chance to take a swim as this is the biggest village with a perfect sandy beach and crystalline water. After that you’ll enjoy the village of Riomaggiore a small village plenty of several colored houses, defined as tower – houses, developed in height on three or four floors, which follow the steep course of the stream Enjoy some free time before heading back to La Spezia where the bus will be waiting for you. Enjoy a pleasant ride back to Florence where the tour will end.
- What To Expect- Spend a full day in this UNESCO heritage site
- Visit 4 of the 5 villages: Manarola , Monterosso, Riomaggiore and Vernazza
- What Is Included- Travel by GT coach or minivan
- Expert multilingual tour leader
- Ferry boat and train tickets (only train in winter season)
- Free time in 4 of the 5 villages: Manarola , Monterosso, Riomaggiore and Vernazza
- Typical Ligurian Lunch in a traditional restaurant in Monterosso
**From November 1st to March 31st the boat service is not available so the itinerary will be guaranteed with train**
- What Is Not Included- Pick Up and Drop off from accommodation to the meeting point
- Know Before You Go- In case of bad weather it may not be possible to take the ferry boat, which may mean a change in itinerary and no refund will be issued since it is beyond our control
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs. A moderate amount is involved to visit Cinque Terre. This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- If you wish to swim we suggest you to bring sunscreen, swimwear and towel
- In case of national railway strikes we may be forced to change the itinerary and no refund will be issued since it is beyond our control
- Please note: From November 2nd to March 31st due to the absence of the boat service the itinerary would be guaranteed anyway with trains and bus
- A vegetarian menu is available upon request for the optional lunch, please specify any allergies or intolerance at the time of booking
- Please note that a moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the main attraction sites. We suggest to wear comfortable shoes