Tiger Nest Monastery also is known as Taktshang Gomba. Bhutan is the most beautiful and cultural Kingdom. The country itself is small but very rich in nature and historical monuments. Tiger nest is the most iconic attraction Monastery on the cliff side. If you don’t have enough time in Bhutan than this is the best tour package to explore the Tiger Nest Monastery. You’ll learn all about the 17th-century monastery and Bhutanese culture on this handy tour.
Tiger Nest Monastery is one of the most sacred religious monastery of Bhutan situated about 15km north of Paro Valley in Drukgyel Dzong. The monastery was built in 1649 to protect the nation from the attack of Tibetans. Tiger Nest Monastery Tour takes you to the fantastic small monastery that lies on the high rocky hill 900m above the valley. In April 1998, the monastery was caught by a disastrous fire, but great efforts were made to repair the damage.
The attraction point tiger Nest monastery hangs on a cliff and stands above a beautiful forest of blue pine and rhododendrons that offer a spectacular view of the valley. It takes about 2 hours to walk from the parking area that passes through coniferous forest, up to a steep path to the viewpoint.
Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Paro
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing in Paro( Tiger Nest monastery)
Day 03: Fly back to Kathmandu
- What Will You Do- Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Paro
Druk Air flight to Paro is one of the most spectacular of all mountain flights. Whether flying along the Himalayan range from Kathmandu or over the foothills, each flight is a mesmerizing feat and offers exciting descent into the Kingdom. On arrival at the airport, received by our representative and then transfer to the hotel, the evening we walk around the Paro Market.
- Day 02: Full day Sightseeing in Paro( Tiger Nest Monastery)
After breakfast drive north of Paro valley to ruins of Drukgyel Dzong. From this fort, Bhutanese repelled several invasions by Tibetan armies. Nearby visit traditional Bhutanese Farm House which offers good insight into the lifestyle of local people. Then take an excursion to Taktsang Monastery, the most famous of Bhutanese monasteries. It is said that Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery hence it is called “Tiger’s Nest”. The excursion to monastery takes about 5 hours for a round trip. While the return to Paro town visits en route Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the Kingdom.
- Day 03: Fly back to Kathmandu
After breakfast at Paro, we fly back to Kathmandu.
- What To Expect- Popular monastery ( Tiger Nest monastery)
- Cultural theme
- Friendly people
- Warm hospitality
- What Is Included- Pick up & drop from Airport and Transfer to the hotel by private car
- Full Board meal in Bhutan
- Two Night 3* hotel in Bhutan
- Visa fee for Bhutan
- All Permit in Bhutan
- Flight ticket to Paro and back Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide in Bhutan
- All government taxes
- Last Night farewell dinner at authentic Nepalese restaurant with a cultural performance
- What Is Not Included- Nepal Visa fee you may obtain easily in Kathmandu airport
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Beverage Drinks
- Extra night Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Bhutan because of early arrival, late departure, early return (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance