Your tour starts with a quick trip to the Swan Valley to see the Gombok Gallery Sculpture Park which is the largest privately owned art gallery in Western Australia. There is an amazing display of sculptures in the park as well as Australian artwork in the galleries. Then you get to sample wine and fresh produce at Coward and Black, a multi award winning boutique winery. Right next door is the Margaret River Chocolate Factory where you can sample free chocolates and buy some of their famous produce. Just in case you haven’t had enough sweet treats, the next stop is the House of Honey where you can sample their wide range of locally made honey.
Sand Surfing in Lancelin
Experience the thrill of sand boarding at one of Australia’s premier sand boarding destinations, the Lancelin Sand Dunes. You will be impressed by the pure white sand and be awestruck by the giant sand dunes that can be up to three storeys high. We have our own custom made sand boards for you to use and we also send up our Mavic Pro Drone to capture all of the action from the air. Put the DJI Goggles on and you can experience what the drone sees flying over the sand dunes.
We now head north along the Indian Ocean Drive to The Ngilgen Lookout, a beautiful picnic spot overlooking the surrounding nature reserves and the Indian Ocean. We stop here during wildflower season to do a short walk along the wildflower walking trail.
Pinnacles and Nambung National Park
After visiting the lookout, we head further north to The Pinnacles desert, a very unique Australian landscape. We get there late in the afternoon which is one of the best times to photograph the Pinnacles where the shadows of the Pinnacles create remarkable patterns and shapes that ripple over the desert sands. There are walking trails and an observation deck overlooking the Pinnacles desert.
There will be plenty of time to walk through the Pinnacles landscape and we will have a picnic dinner on the observation deck under the stars.
While we are here we will also stop and have a look at a Quandong Tree (Wild Peach) which was used by the local Aboriginals for food and medicine and the fruit is also a favourite with the resident emu population.
After dinner, it’s now time to slow down and unwind under the stars of the stunning outback night sky. We have a telescope and spotting scopes which will allow you to get a close up view of the stars and some of the planets. You can even attach your smart phone to the telescope to take some stunning photos of the nightsky.
Using a laser guide your tour guide will point out items of interest in the sky and you can hear stories of the Aboriginal Dream Time relating to the night sky. Look out for the Milky Way and see if you can spot the giant scorpion, the kangaroo or the emu in the sky. You may also see planets such as Saturn and Jupiter depending on the time of year and if you are lucky, get may get to make a wish upon a falling star.
We provide dinner under the stars where you get to sample fresh produce from Margaret River and the Swan Valley including our famous Western Ausrtalian wines. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Your tour guide has an extensive knowledge of the local wildlife and vegetation as well as some of the history of the areas you will see. He can show you some of the plants traditionally used by the local Aborigines for food and medicine as well as tell you about some of the many shipwrecks off the Turquoise Coast from the early European Explorers.
- What Will You Do- Depart Perth from your pick-up location (pick-ups between 11am and 12pm) and then a 25 minute drive to the Swan Valley to see the Gombok Sculpture Park, Coward and Black Winery, Margaret River Chocolate Factory and the House of Honey.
- Head north to Lancelin to go Sand surfing in the Lancelin sand dunes.
- Drive along the spectacular Indian Ocean Drive to the Ngilgen Lookout to see wildflowers in season.
- Pinnacles desert at sunset, dinner and dessert under the stars
- Star Gazing
- Time to drop you back to your accommodation, home by around 11pm
- What To Expect- See the very impressive sculptures and artwork at the Gombok Gallery in the Swan Valley
- Free chocolate tasting at the Margaret River Chocolate Factory and wine tasting at Coward and Black Winery
- Honey Tasting at the House of Honey
- Sand surfing down the giant Lancelin Sand Dunes
- Sunset drive along the Turquoise Coast
- See the wildflowers at the Ngilgen Lookout in season
- See the spectacular Pinnacles at sunset before we settle down to have dinner under the stars
- You can also view the stars and planets from out telescope and attach your phone to the telescope's adaptor to take pictures of the planets
- After dinner lie down on the observation and look up at the stars as your tour guide tells you about Aboriginal Astronomy and stories from the Aboriginal Dreamtime
- What Is Included- Entry to Gombok Gallery
- Dinner and dessert under the stars
- Entry fees to national parks
- Sand sleds
- Wine tasting
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan